Hydraulic Lock??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jimh64

We had to do some engine work to our 843. When putting the motor back in everything was turning freely (The Crank and Flywheel). We know this because we had to turn it a little to get the splines to line up. We bolted down the motor and attempted to start it. The starter engages, but then clicks and stops. We tried to turn the crank and it will not turn. Is it possible that we have a Hydraulic lock preventing the flywheel to turn? If so, how can we check, and how do we release the pressure? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!!

Tazza

Staff member
It is possible you knocked the right lever into detent? Grab it and pull it all the way to the left and let it spring back. See if it's that simple.

OP
OP
J

Jimh64

It is possible you knocked the right lever into detent? Grab it and pull it all the way to the left and let it spring back. See if it's that simple.
Thanks for the reply,, I doubt it as we have been moving both levers back on forth trying to figure out what is wrong, but I am willing to try anything at this point! Thanks and I will reply back and let you know.

Hotrod1830

Thanks for the reply,, I doubt it as we have been moving both levers back on forth trying to figure out what is wrong, but I am willing to try anything at this point! Thanks and I will reply back and let you know.
If you think it is hydro locked, remove the glow plugs and crank it over by HAND. If you still can't turn it over by hand with the glow plugs removed, it is not hydro locked and the problem is mechanical. If you can turn it over, observe what fluid comes out of the glow plug hole(s).

Latest posts