Hydraulic leak out of side....

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

LadyLapstrake58!

Hi All, Thanks for having me here and thanks in advance for any insight you may offer to my problem. I had noticed a hydraulic oil leak (on the outside) from right side of the LX885Turbo between the lower fender edge and center drive access plate when the machine was running. I don't see any obvious leaks when looking at the hoses, lines, etc. Prior to running the machine I had checked & topped off the oil at the final drive gear box dipsticks. There is an indicator on each dipstick that is about an inch from the bottom, and I assumed that is a low fill indicator. My question is, if these reservoirs are slightly overfilled, will a leak show up at this outside location? Machine was running fine, but I stopped it because I didn't want to have an issue.

mrbb

I have a lx865, about the same, and gather your is same age of mine if it has two final drive's one by each foot with dipsticks, the notch on the dip stick is the full mark , they don;'t hold much fluid, MY repair guy fills mine all the time over full to about an inch above that mark, and have NEVER had any leaks from doing so, for them to leak I would think you would have to really have a LOT of over fill in them and that leak I would think would be from blowing out a seal from too much pressure,, SO, I really doubt your having leakage unless you are severely over filled! and then IT could be a larger repair if you blew out a seal! if they are really over filled, I found a you can use a large 500ml Syringe or the likes and some hose , use the largest that fits in the dip stick hole and suck out what is needed, , easier and less messy than draining , just get fluid warmed up first to make it easier! plus if you drive it a little it will mix up any water in it and you can suck some of that out!, pending on when fluid was last replaced, when I first got my machine, it had water in there and would freeze in low temps on me! Other wise, IF I was you I would try lifting the seat and looking really good inside for a leaking hose, I know when I replaced all, the hosed inside the machine, there was one hose that the left side arm linkage had about rubbed a hole thru the line, due to the last person to replace had a poor fitting hose, and over time the linkage wore a hole in the line but I again think you most likely have a leaking hose or fitting on one over any over fill issue!

koko

If you haven't found your oil leak by removing some oil, what I do is dust some flour around where the leak may be then start your machine & the flour will pinpoint the leak pretty fast!