Hydraulic fluid question S250

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mattly1

Hi all, I recently bought a 2003 S250 High-flow. It has a few issues so I'll probably be asking more questions in the future :) I'm wondering what the best replacement is for the standard Hydraulic fluid, mine is a little cloudy and seems to get hotter than it should after working for a while so I think there may be water in there. The closest Bobcat dealer is 70+miles from me so I'd love something I could pick up at a farm supply store. I have new filters ready to go in case you were worried that I'd not swap them out! Thanks, Matt

Tazza

Staff member
Check out what hydrostatic fluid your farm supply store has. They will have a suitable replacement.
I don't think water contamination is causing extra heat in your oil, but get the oil clean, anyw ater in it can cause damage, cleaner the better.

farmshop

Check out what hydrostatic fluid your farm supply store has. They will have a suitable replacement.
I don't think water contamination is causing extra heat in your oil, but get the oil clean, anyw ater in it can cause damage, cleaner the better.
Like Tazza said. Buy what is close or what you use in other machines. I would clean the radiator and oil cooler well and see what it does