Hydraulic Drive Motor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Seamonkeyboy

Two of the four bolts that attach the right drive motor are loose. I can get to the nut, but when I attempt to tighten it, the entire bolt turns like its broken off at the head. I believe I can feel the head of the bolt inside the drive chain compartment but I don't feel it spinning when I attempt to tighten the nut. Also the bolt will not unscrew if it is indeed broken-just spins. Anyone have any experience with these.

OP
OP
S

Seamonkeyboy

Two of the four bolts that attach the right drive motor are loose. I can get to the nut, but when I attempt to tighten it, the entire bolt turns like its broken off at the head. I believe I can feel the head of the bolt inside the drive chain compartment but I don't feel it spinning when I attempt to tighten the nut. Also the bolt will not unscrew if it is indeed broken-just spins. Anyone have any experience with these.
Here are some pics I found of both sides

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230615-094603.png
    Screenshot_20230615-094603.png
    849.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20230615-094536.png
    Screenshot_20230615-094536.png
    800.8 KB · Views: 64
OP
OP
S

Seamonkeyboy

Update: Got her done. Cant believe that I couldn't find one video about this procedure and after all this, I didn't make one myself. To answer anyone's questions: Yes, detach and move hoses out of the way. Yes, it can be done without the cab being moved forward. Yes, the drive sprocket can be removed by sliding the mounting plate all the way back to make the chain loose. Also, the sprocket is removed by sliding it to the end with the chain still attached and then manipulating the plate a bit to get the sprocket and chain off together. It is not loose enough to simply remove the chain.Getting it back on is a tad different. Put the sprocket back, then slide it all the way to the end and manipulate the chain from the bottom up. It takes a few tries, but it will go back on. Put the retaining washer and screw back on and roll on. Anyone needs any assistance just post a message and you can call me and Ill walk you through it. FYI, directions are in the manuel but not detailed enough. Peace everyone.