Hydra-Mac Hydrostatic Charge Oil Pressure Questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
C

Condor

I would concentrate on the face of the rotating group and where it runs. Even small amounts of wear cause problems here, if you can feel it with your fingernail, its too much.
Ok, there is some slight wear on the plate. Thanks, now I know where the issue is.

OP
OP
C

Condor

Ok, there is some slight wear on the plate. Thanks, now I know where the issue is.
Latest Update:
I'm back up and running with the help of this forum and Loader Parts Source. Thanks Tazza for suggesting them. I worked mainly thru Don of LPS who provided outstanding customer service with lots of follow-up and updates thruout the process. Being a difficult customer with lots of questions, I really appreciated Don's patience. They provided parts that where un-obtainable from Hydra-Mac parts sources and since these pumps do not have the replaceable brass plates for the rotating assemblies, they did a great job in regrinding and re-hardening the cast iron pump faces.
I still have my "test" charge pressure gauge in place, and noted no fluctuation of pressure from the relief valve setpoint, until I shut the machine off! To my surprise, there is a huge power increase too.
An unrelated problem I had with the hydrostatic repair was the worn flywheel to pump coupling. (this machine has pumps stacked in-line with the engine) Long story short, I ended up using a unit from Hayes Couplings, which they ended up making a custom adapter to fit their coupling to my Isuzu 3AB1 flywheel. All good.
Thanks to everyone that helped.
Joe

Tazza

Staff member
Latest Update:
I'm back up and running with the help of this forum and Loader Parts Source. Thanks Tazza for suggesting them. I worked mainly thru Don of LPS who provided outstanding customer service with lots of follow-up and updates thruout the process. Being a difficult customer with lots of questions, I really appreciated Don's patience. They provided parts that where un-obtainable from Hydra-Mac parts sources and since these pumps do not have the replaceable brass plates for the rotating assemblies, they did a great job in regrinding and re-hardening the cast iron pump faces.
I still have my "test" charge pressure gauge in place, and noted no fluctuation of pressure from the relief valve setpoint, until I shut the machine off! To my surprise, there is a huge power increase too.
An unrelated problem I had with the hydrostatic repair was the worn flywheel to pump coupling. (this machine has pumps stacked in-line with the engine) Long story short, I ended up using a unit from Hayes Couplings, which they ended up making a custom adapter to fit their coupling to my Isuzu 3AB1 flywheel. All good.
Thanks to everyone that helped.
Joe
Its good to hear you had success!
Parts are always available, it just depends on how hard you want to look, or where to start.