hydra mac 20c

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

edyrlund

new to the forum so thanks in advance for any help, i have a 1985 hydra mac 20c that works well when you first start it up but after it warms up in about 10 min it will not turn side to side both forward and reverse, when first started it will spin on a dime. i have changed hydr. filters and fluid but dont know where to go next, the bucket works fine and forward and backward is fine. thank you for any help.

OP
OP
E

edyrlund

i have looked on here and see a poss solution in a port block filter, is that only on bobcats or all early skid steers? I an going to attempt to look for it but since i have to remove the seat to get to the pumps it will have to wait a few days.

Tazza

Staff member
i have looked on here and see a poss solution in a port block filter, is that only on bobcats or all early skid steers? I an going to attempt to look for it but since i have to remove the seat to get to the pumps it will have to wait a few days.
Its a part of the early bobcats, your machine may have one too, but i have no idea where to advise looking... As the oil warms up, it gets thinner and leaks past the internals of pumps and motors. If it was a slight loss in power it could be normal for an aging machine, but if there is a large drop, its not normal.
I wonder if the oil may be too thin?