Hydra-Mac 11c diesel question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

thompson1600

I have a Hydra-Mac 11c EX-three series V with an Isuzu diesel engine. It belongs to my father in law. I think it was run out of diesel fuel (I'm hoping that is the issue). Does anyone know on this series how to bleed air out of the fuel lines? I can't find a pump on any of the parts from the tank up to the injectors. Any help? Thanks Tom

Tazza

Staff member
There should be some sort of bleed screw at the injector pump. You will need to find a primer to get the fuel through to the pump though. Some have a squeeze bulb, some have a lever on the lift pump to pump the fuel through.
I have never worked on one, but this is a general guide on priming any deisel fuel system. With fuel at the pump, it can still take a bit to get the injector lines full of fuel and get the engine running again.

OP
OP
T

thompson1600

There should be some sort of bleed screw at the injector pump. You will need to find a primer to get the fuel through to the pump though. Some have a squeeze bulb, some have a lever on the lift pump to pump the fuel through.
I have never worked on one, but this is a general guide on priming any deisel fuel system. With fuel at the pump, it can still take a bit to get the injector lines full of fuel and get the engine running again.
There was a bleed screw. It is the screw that holds the line that goes from the injector pump to the top filter. Just unscrew it and there are holes in the screw for bleeding. Worked great, started right up and squirted diesel fuel all over. Thanks Tom

Latest posts