hyd valves

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

maineshops

i have a bobcat 610 that i need to replace the hyd valve assy on. any part # and advice? they bleed off a little and i have to fiddle with the pedals

Tazza

Staff member
Have you replaced the cylinder seals first? if so, its hopefully your load checks. These will be behind caps on the control block, no need to replace the valve assembly, just the O rings. My 731 did this. I found taht with the engine off, i could move the pedal to lift and it would stop. Replaced the O rings and it was good.
Get the old ones out, take them to a seal shop and they should be able to match them for a few $, a LOT less than the dealer will want for a seal kit (if still available).

OP
OP
M

maineshops

Have you replaced the cylinder seals first? if so, its hopefully your load checks. These will be behind caps on the control block, no need to replace the valve assembly, just the O rings. My 731 did this. I found taht with the engine off, i could move the pedal to lift and it would stop. Replaced the O rings and it was good.
Get the old ones out, take them to a seal shop and they should be able to match them for a few $, a LOT less than the dealer will want for a seal kit (if still available).
tazza i took the valve assy apart and replaced the o rings that are on the pistons that control the flo dir. ie up down. are there other o rings that i missed? i call this old girl etrouble but when she is running it sure does a lot of work for me thanks for your response dan

Tazza

Staff member
tazza i took the valve assy apart and replaced the o rings that are on the pistons that control the flo dir. ie up down. are there other o rings that i missed? i call this old girl etrouble but when she is running it sure does a lot of work for me thanks for your response dan
Do you mean the spool seals? the ones that seal the long rods that move back and forth that the linkages attach to?
There should be other ones i think, near the ports to the cylinders. They should be behind caps, can you take a picture of the valve assembly?

OP
OP
M

maineshops

Do you mean the spool seals? the ones that seal the long rods that move back and forth that the linkages attach to?
There should be other ones i think, near the ports to the cylinders. They should be behind caps, can you take a picture of the valve assembly?
yes the ones on the part that is about one inch in dia and 4 inches long that controls the flow. sorry i don't know all the correct names of the parts. i'm not much of a mechanic but i try. i'll pull the floorboard and try to get a pic. thanks tazza

Tazza

Staff member
yes the ones on the part that is about one inch in dia and 4 inches long that controls the flow. sorry i don't know all the correct names of the parts. i'm not much of a mechanic but i try. i'll pull the floorboard and try to get a pic. thanks tazza
Not an issue :)
Hopefully it has load checks, they are very common failure points, especially on a machine of that vintage.

OP
OP
M

maineshops

Not an issue :)
Hopefully it has load checks, they are very common failure points, especially on a machine of that vintage.
tazza. its been raining here for 2 weeks so i'm behind on e outside work and the sawmill so i'll have to put the old girl on hold for a few days. i'll get a pic as soon as i can. if she dosen't have load checks in the system can i retro some? dan

Tazza

Staff member
tazza. its been raining here for 2 weeks so i'm behind on e outside work and the sawmill so i'll have to put the old girl on hold for a few days. i'll get a pic as soon as i can. if she dosen't have load checks in the system can i retro some? dan
No, you can't retro fit them, they are a little more complicated.