hyd. pump

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

buddy

1994 543b Does anyone have any idea what the case on the hyd. pump is made of. I was thinking of a magnetic block heater to help raise the hyd. oil temp in severe cold. If not magnetic would there possably be another metal surface (possably inspectipn plate/metal fittings etc.) that would accomplish the same goal ?? Thanks Mark

Tazza

Staff member
I thought it was aluminium, so that may make it harder to do. The hydraulic pump i believe should be steel? I have never tried using a heater like this, so i don't know just how much heat can be transfered from the element to the pump and if it would make much of a difference.
Most people just use a heater on the engine to assist in starting. Friction warms the hydraulics up, even if you leave it idle for 5 minutes or so.

HanSolo

I thought it was aluminium, so that may make it harder to do. The hydraulic pump i believe should be steel? I have never tried using a heater like this, so i don't know just how much heat can be transfered from the element to the pump and if it would make much of a difference.
Most people just use a heater on the engine to assist in starting. Friction warms the hydraulics up, even if you leave it idle for 5 minutes or so.
What about some kind of low voltage heater element in the hydraulic tank? Something like an aquarium heater?

Latest posts