Hyd oil for bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

porter53

New member, need to change hyd oil and filters. Do not want to order from bobcat so can anyone
help with best replacement oil/filters on 753 bobcat?

brdgbldr

Here is an oil filter cross reference website:

I would suggest going with a higher quality filter such as Baldwin ( I believe the Baldwin BT8861 fits your machine but better double check). Low quality cheap filters will cost you a lot of money down the road.

Oil is a big question. I suggest again going with a good quality premium oil. Others on here have just gone with cheaper oil like NAPA brand (I have used this in older machines without any issues). I think I read somewhere that it is made by Valvoline. The price for a good oil is going to be over $100 for a 5 gal bucket while NAPA is about $55. The other thing is that the oil in the chain case is just a bath so cheaper oil, or the used oil from the hydraulics, can be used in it without too much concern. The biggest difference in the oils are the additives. So some may separate water better or have better anti-foaming agents. This is why Bobcat stopped sudgesting the use of engine oil in hydraulics. Engine oils have a high detergent content and also keep water suspended in it that hydraulics do not like.
Here is a cross reference website:

I just did a pretty extensive search and my conclusion is that Bobcat, at least in the past, used

MOBIL DTE 10 EXCEL

This is a starting point for you to look at hydraulic oils.

mrbb

maybe worth your time to look at