hyd fittings for drive motor on a 743b bocat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobcat743b

i put the drive motor on but i did what i was so carful not to do. the lower swivel connector. its some sort of a swivel union hyd connector i sort of cross threaded it. i have no idea if its repairable or not. at least by me it isn't. i don't know if they make a thread chaser that size or not. can someone give me some insight on where to get one or know the correct size. thanks

flyerdan

Is it the threads in the hydraulic motor body, or the threads on the 90 degree fitting that are damaged?
If it is the elbow, there are part numbers in the online catalog, replacing it will be advisable because it will inevitably seep due to the thread damage. If it's the motor body, that's another matter that might involve a machine shop. Since the motor to elbow seals with an O-ring, some thread damage might be acceptable and not leak, you just need to determine what thread was used; if you can take the elbow to a hydraulic shop and tell them you need a chaser for (point to an end) what this threads into, they'll probably be able to tell you what to get.

OP
OP
B

bobcat743b

Is it the threads in the hydraulic motor body, or the threads on the 90 degree fitting that are damaged?
If it is the elbow, there are part numbers in the online catalog, replacing it will be advisable because it will inevitably seep due to the thread damage. If it's the motor body, that's another matter that might involve a machine shop. Since the motor to elbow seals with an O-ring, some thread damage might be acceptable and not leak, you just need to determine what thread was used; if you can take the elbow to a hydraulic shop and tell them you need a chaser for (point to an end) what this threads into, they'll probably be able to tell you what to get.
its just the fitting. new fitting ordered. thanks