How to raise the cab. TL10

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

a1970gt6

I'm new with compact track loaders and my TL10. I need to raise the cab to check out why the heater isn't putting out heat. The manual says to take out the four screws and then what? Try to lift it manually? I tried to lift it but it is damn heavy? I think I'm missing something here?

flyerdan

You might have a nose-about on youtube, they seem to have a video for just about anything you can imagine.
Mine tilts forward when two bolts at the back are removed, I use a come-a-long anchored to a hook on the bucket and a piece of pipe to keep it from going too far and overbalancing, it also keeps tension on the cable so nothing can move.

acbjohn

You might have a nose-about on youtube, they seem to have a video for just about anything you can imagine.
Mine tilts forward when two bolts at the back are removed, I use a come-a-long anchored to a hook on the bucket and a piece of pipe to keep it from going too far and overbalancing, it also keeps tension on the cable so nothing can move.
The assist cylinders may be bad. It took 2 of us on my TL230. Be sure to pin the back once you have it raised (while you are working).

alyaz

As mentioned, tons of good videos here... very informative even if they aren't your exact model. https://www.takeuchi-us.com/videos/

Skid Kid56

I see no real answer was put up other than references.
The TL10 has one large bolt on each side of the cab opening. Sitting in the operator seat the head of the bolts are visible in the front corners of the lower frame of the cab on the left and right. Remove one at a time and hold the cab down when removing the last bolt if the lift cylinders are in good condition. The lift cylinders will make lifting the cab very easy as it may try to rise on it's own once the last bolt is removed. The cab lift lock pin will need to be removed, if it is in place, before un bolting the cab. Facing the engine at the rear of the machine the lock pin should be at the upper left of the rear of the cab. Place pin in holes after raising the cab to lock it in place. Be Safe.

bkc1980

The TL10 has one large bolt on each side of the cab opening. Sitting in the operator seat the head of the bolts are visible in the front corners of the lower frame of the cab on the left and right. Remove one at a time and hold the cab down when removing the last bolt if the lift cylinders are in good condition. The lift cylinders will make lifting the cab very easy as it may try to rise on it's own once the last bolt is removed. The cab lift lock pin will need to be removed, if it is in place, before un bolting the cab. Facing the engine at the rear of the machine the lock pin should be at the upper left of the rear of the cab. Place pin in holes after raising the cab to lock it in place. Be Safe.
You seem to really know what you're talking about. Do you by chance know how to raise the cab on a 2013 TS60V wheeled loader.
I'm new to the machine and it won't start now.
Thanks

bkc1980

The TL10 has one large bolt on each side of the cab opening. Sitting in the operator seat the head of the bolts are visible in the front corners of the lower frame of the cab on the left and right. Remove one at a time and hold the cab down when removing the last bolt if the lift cylinders are in good condition. The lift cylinders will make lifting the cab very easy as it may try to rise on its own once the last bolt is removed. The cab lift lock pin will need to be removed, if it is in place, before un bolting the cab. Facing the engine at the rear of the machine the lock pin should be at the upper left of the rear of the cab. Place pin in holes after raising the cab to lock it in place. Be Safe.
Hey you seem to know what your talking about, any chance you have some knowledge on how to lift the cab on a 2013 TS60V.
I'm new to the machine and it just decided it won't start.
Thanks

Latest posts