How to move not running Mustang 2044

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bangbang8051

Hello. I just bought a 2003 Mustang 2044 with a blown engine. I need to move it from the backyard to the front street. Is there a way to disengage so that tires will roll freelyee. I have never owned a Mustang and don't know much about it. Any help on how to move it without having to drag it would be greatly appreciated.

deaop06

I don't know if this will help but Mister B on Mustang forum has a 2060. He took tires off, removed chain case cover and disconnected drive chain so he could tow it. Don't know the difference between the 2060 and your 2044. Try calling a dealer and ask them.

Tazza

Staff member
I don't know if this will help but Mister B on Mustang forum has a 2060. He took tires off, removed chain case cover and disconnected drive chain so he could tow it. Don't know the difference between the 2060 and your 2044. Try calling a dealer and ask them.
The only way to make it free wheel is to disconnect the hydro lines to the drive motors and disengage the park brake.
If possible, just use brute force and drage it, if that isn't an option, crack the lines and drag, ensure no dirt gets in the drive motors and go slowly, you don't want to damage the motors from lack of lubrication.