How to Make a skidsteer a dump truck?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skidsteer.ca

1.jpg

16.jpg

Has anyone seen one of these yet? I thought I was fairly well versed in ssl until this.
They have the bare boom available, single and tandem axel trailer, side dumps, sprayer systems etc.
What do you think?
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
New to me too, i can't see the advantage of it though..... So its essentially a dump truck, a bucket on the SSL is essentially the same. You still will have the same access limitations as its powered by the SSL.

OP
OP
skidsteer.ca

skidsteer.ca

New to me too, i can't see the advantage of it though..... So its essentially a dump truck, a bucket on the SSL is essentially the same. You still will have the same access limitations as its powered by the SSL.
It's designed for hauling bigger loads medium distances where one bucket full would not be practical. You can spin around and push it into the dump spot if needed. Also the tandem trailer can be configured for logs or hay bales. It has a 3pd hitch adapter if you wanted pull tractor implements.
It has a place to carry your grapple, bucket forks etc on the front. You drop the trailer then load yourself. Admittedly its not something everyone could use but it is a neat idea.
Ken
30.jpg

41.jpg

perry

http://www.skidloader.org/pullattachment.aspx there's a video of it at work. jury is still out on that one: if you used the logging (multi axel)setup with tree shear etc, I could see it being beneficial in some applications. looks like alot of R&D, hope it sells...
Now that would be a good idea 'IF' it can double as your skid steer hauler, at least 14' long!.

OP
OP
skidsteer.ca

skidsteer.ca

Now that would be a good idea 'IF' it can double as your skid steer hauler, at least 14' long!.
I don't see why it could not be made as a road worthy trailer, Its not designed as such now, would require an adaptable hitch, road rated tires and DOT comformity.
Ken

perry

I don't see why it could not be made as a road worthy trailer, Its not designed as such now, would require an adaptable hitch, road rated tires and DOT comformity.
Ken
When I saw it the first thing I thought, 'Dang' I gotta go back for the trailer.....

jackel440

When I saw it the first thing I thought, 'Dang' I gotta go back for the trailer.....
I can definatly see were this would be handy.I was thinking today as i was moving one manure pile to another location.How much quicker it would be to load a small truck go dump it then come back.The problem is there is no room to get a dump truck in there.This would have saved some time instead of making tons of trips with the ss.

bobcat_ron

I can definatly see were this would be handy.I was thinking today as i was moving one manure pile to another location.How much quicker it would be to load a small truck go dump it then come back.The problem is there is no room to get a dump truck in there.This would have saved some time instead of making tons of trips with the ss.
I just use my Bobcat Dumping Hopper attachment, takes up less space and you dont need to get out of the cab.

OP
OP
skidsteer.ca

skidsteer.ca

I just use my Bobcat Dumping Hopper attachment, takes up less space and you dont need to get out of the cab.
A dumping hopper is really only good for loose material, where this can be configured in single or tandem axel and made to haul more of anything. There is only a small ovelap of tasks the two can complete.
Ken

Latest posts