How to align hydraulic pump

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Csangster

I am replacing the hydraulic pump on my M-610. How do I align the couplers? Please advise. Thank you, Chris

flyerdan

The Bobcat parts online site indicates that it uses a standard lovejoy style coupler; the metal hubs will mesh in with the neoprene spider and will be pretty much perpendicular to each other's axis, if that makes sense.
The online diagrams really help with picturing how things go together, and in conjunction with a manual can help on making things clearer.

OP
OP
C

Csangster

The Bobcat parts online site indicates that it uses a standard lovejoy style coupler; the metal hubs will mesh in with the neoprene spider and will be pretty much perpendicular to each other's axis, if that makes sense.
The online diagrams really help with picturing how things go together, and in conjunction with a manual can help on making things clearer.
I do understand how it assembles, my concern is with the shimming that is required. Based on reading other forums, if you don't shim exactly to .025" the joint will fail? Can it be more than .025" slightly? Say .050"?

foton

I do understand how it assembles, my concern is with the shimming that is required. Based on reading other forums, if you don't shim exactly to .025" the joint will fail? Can it be more than .025" slightly? Say .050"?
I am guessing here but I would think .050 is to much and anything under .025 would be acceptable. lovejoys do not give you the fixabilities of a flex joint connector as a morse morflex.

OP
OP
C

Csangster

I am guessing here but I would think .050 is to much and anything under .025 would be acceptable. lovejoys do not give you the fixabilities of a flex joint connector as a morse morflex.
That's what I was afraid of. Measures without the rubber coupler it was .025. Then I tightened the collar and it moved. I'll try again. Thanks!