How do I control the Aux hydraulics on a Bobcat 520?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Wadeofdesth

I hope thos doesn't sound like a stupid question, but my old 520 has Aux hookups on the front but very minimal controls, just the two sticks and two pedals, no buttons or anything else I can find. So how do I control the Aux hydraulics when I hook something up to it?

brdgbldr

I hope thos doesn't sound like a stupid question, but my old 520 has Aux hookups on the front but very minimal controls, just the two sticks and two pedals, no buttons or anything else I can find. So how do I control the Aux hydraulics when I hook something up to it?
Most of the older Bobcats control the auxiliary with the right stick. It should move not only forward and back for the drive motor, but left and right for the auxiliary controls.

If the right stick does not move left or right, then there is probably a bolt in place to keep the auxiliary locked. You may need to remove this bolt.

Also, keep in mind that there is a detent to keep the auxiliary on if you push the right stick all the way to the right. This happens all the time without realizing it. This will cause you to think there is a problem with the machine. It will not lift, tilt or drove well if the auxiliary is in the detent position. If this happens, just move the stick all the way to the left to release the detent.