How dirty are these things supposed to get?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

gmwest80

I am new to posting on the website even though I have been reading posts here for a few years. A few months ago I bought a Case 85xt skid steer, over all I've been very happy with the performance of the machine, my question is how dirty or these machines supposed to get. I do understand that does depend on each job, but so far I have pulled about 50 pounds of grime from the inside of the frame. The guy I bought it from must have run the thing thru every brush pile in Texas. I have resorted to small kitchen utensils, air nosles, pressure cleaner, heavy shop vac, and assorted brushes. And are these machines supposed to be this hard to clean. I don't mean to sound like I'm whining but man I guess I didn't realize what a challenge it could be. Thanks

skidsteer.ca

Never cleaned a Case so I cant say, but it does take a couple hours on a bobcat or NH.
You have found and opened all the drain point/covers?
Ken

OP
OP
G

gmwest80

Never cleaned a Case so I cant say, but it does take a couple hours on a bobcat or NH.
You have found and opened all the drain point/covers?
Ken
I have lifted the cab , open the doors in the back, all which expose the and taken out plates where your feet and legs rest which expose the drive motos and battery. Hopefully the link will work below. Thanks so much Ken for the reply. Glen http://picasaweb.google.com/117590275420147663318/Case85XT #

Tazza

Staff member
I have lifted the cab , open the doors in the back, all which expose the and taken out plates where your feet and legs rest which expose the drive motos and battery. Hopefully the link will work below. Thanks so much Ken for the reply. Glen http://picasaweb.google.com/117590275420147663318/Case85XT #
Its not really a matter of how dirty they should get, its more of how often should i clean my machine. They are earth moving equipment, they will get dirty no matter what. I fyou have an oil leak it will collect dust. It will not simply blow away, it builds up quickly if there is oil.
I have had machines when i got them, i pulled a few 20 litre buckets od dirt/oil before pressure washing the rest out!

skidsteer.ca

Its not really a matter of how dirty they should get, its more of how often should i clean my machine. They are earth moving equipment, they will get dirty no matter what. I fyou have an oil leak it will collect dust. It will not simply blow away, it builds up quickly if there is oil.
I have had machines when i got them, i pulled a few 20 litre buckets od dirt/oil before pressure washing the rest out!
You don't wantit pilled up around your steel hydraulic lines or they will rust out in time. Also a buildup of grass or sticks is a real fire hazard. Generally agood cleaning once or twice a year will suffice for me.
Ken