HOPING FOR SOME HELP

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Brentf1965

Bobcat 864 won't start! A couple of days ago, I was using the Bobcat with no problems. I brought the engine down to idle, got out to do something for about ten minutes. While I was standing by it, it just died. Just filled up with Diesel earlier, still had 3/4 tank. Engine turns over with plenty of power from the battery, but will not fire. I shot either into breather and it fires, but immediately dies. Thinking it's not getting fuel...right! So, I remove the fuel line coming from the output side of the pump that attaches to the injector hard line. Crank the engine, and sure enough, plenty of fuel coming out of line. Connect fuel line back to injector line, squeeze the primer bulb several times, can hear the fuel moving through the lines, and crank, crank, crank...nothing. This is where I need some HELP! Is it possible air got in the system some how and is blocking fuel from moving through the injectors? Should I loosen each injector and use the primer bulb to push fuel through? What am I missing? Thanks for any suggestions.

foton

the primer bulb will only push fuel to the lift pump you will have to use the engines starter to bleed the injectors. I would add that it might be a electrical problem with a electric valve remaining closed , could be something simple as a blown fuse.

foton

the primer bulb will only push fuel to the lift pump you will have to use the engines starter to bleed the injectors. I would add that it might be a electrical problem with a electric valve remaining closed , could be something simple as a blown fuse.
check your fuel filter for water also.

farmshop

check your fuel filter for water also.
Fuel shut off solenoid probably not opening. Either a fuse relay or splendid it's self. Not sure on that machine if the linkage is external or direct mount to the pump. If it has external fuel shut off linkage try wiring it in the run position. If the solenoid is bolted right to the injector pump if you remove the solenoid it should run

OP
OP
B

Brentf1965

Fuel shut off solenoid probably not opening. Either a fuse relay or splendid it's self. Not sure on that machine if the linkage is external or direct mount to the pump. If it has external fuel shut off linkage try wiring it in the run position. If the solenoid is bolted right to the injector pump if you remove the solenoid it should run
Sure enough, it was the solenoid. Just replaced it two weeks ago. $33.00 Chinese part. Figures.