HL 2500

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Wisfarmer

Hi everyone i just joined here after finding some info here. I have a question i am hoping someone will be able to help me with. So we got this thing last winter and one side wouldnt do anything so i worked with it did some minor repairs new fluids all that stuff and then one day it just started working so we used it for cleaning out our stanchion barn that we just let steers run in and out of now. Then i moved it around a few times throughout the summer and went last week to get it out of the barn and make sure everything was working well the headgasket blew on me so we pulled it out of the barn and put it in the shop i got my head gaskets and put them in(Fairly simple job). Then today we went to take it back out of the shop and now the lefthand side is not turning, when going straight everything seem to be working as you can go pretty staight foward and reverse but when it comes to turning the lefthand side is not doing anything so you can really only turn one way and that is not very smooth doing that. Managed to get it back in shop and looked it over didnt see anything that is broke or leaking. Just looking for some advice. Thanks in advance for the help.

OP
OP
W

Wisfarmer

Hi everyone just a little update, took the two covers off each side above the drive gears and when i start the machine and the pumps start the side that works the tank fills up and drains back into the hydraulic tank. The side that doesnt work does not get any oil going through the pump. Took the hose off to make sure that the oil was getting to the pump. So i am thinking either an airlocked pump or a bad pump, anybody have thoughts on that, or how to bleed the pump to get rid of the airlock. Thanks

foton

Hi everyone just a little update, took the two covers off each side above the drive gears and when i start the machine and the pumps start the side that works the tank fills up and drains back into the hydraulic tank. The side that doesnt work does not get any oil going through the pump. Took the hose off to make sure that the oil was getting to the pump. So i am thinking either an airlocked pump or a bad pump, anybody have thoughts on that, or how to bleed the pump to get rid of the airlock. Thanks
I think that these machines are pretty much gravity fed self priming, but you could loosen the outlet side of the pump and maybe help purge the air out. be carefull if you start the engine with the outlet loose, oil will fly all over under high pressure. Have you checked to see if the outlet is restricted preventing the air from working out by itself? Just a guess.

OP
OP
W

Wisfarmer

I think that these machines are pretty much gravity fed self priming, but you could loosen the outlet side of the pump and maybe help purge the air out. be carefull if you start the engine with the outlet loose, oil will fly all over under high pressure. Have you checked to see if the outlet is restricted preventing the air from working out by itself? Just a guess.
Hi so i took out the pump and found that the outside gear where the belt goes over was loose the shear pin or whatever in there was busted but i am curious now after i get that fixed is there a way to test it before getting it all put back together to make sure the rest of the pump is good? should the outside gear going to the resivor be spinng if i am turning the input shaft? Thanks