Hitachi

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kdmcon

If anyone is intrested in buying any type of excavator take a good serious look at the hitachi equipment. I just purchased a 07 zx27-u and a zx-8o. I know they are the same machine as the deere but you dont have to deal with the arogant deere dealerships and the prices are way more competeative.

Tazza

Staff member
Hitachi is pretty popular over here too. I see a few of them floating around.

bobcat_ron

I didn't know they made Deere. Do they just make excavators or more equipment for them?
Hitachi makes Deere's excavators, Deere just paints them yellow and puts their own engines into some of the bigger ones. My Dad own an 2006 EX27 and I have a love/hate relationship with it, I absolutely love how that machine can get into some of the tightest spots and still dig down 8 feet level bottom, but the cab is hard to get in and out of for some one as big as I am, I did however manage to put a deluxe suspension seat into the cab from Bobcat's skid steers which gives me more comfort and a little more height for more leg room, but the cab is still small. We have had no issues with it, it goes almost 10 hours on a single tank and it will lift 600 lbs flat out at the max. reach over the sides of the tracks, 595 hours on it and all the pins and bushings are still tight, much better choice than B..B.......Bob......caaattt...ugh, I can even type that name anymore with out crying.

OP
OP
K

kdmcon

Hitachi makes Deere's excavators, Deere just paints them yellow and puts their own engines into some of the bigger ones. My Dad own an 2006 EX27 and I have a love/hate relationship with it, I absolutely love how that machine can get into some of the tightest spots and still dig down 8 feet level bottom, but the cab is hard to get in and out of for some one as big as I am, I did however manage to put a deluxe suspension seat into the cab from Bobcat's skid steers which gives me more comfort and a little more height for more leg room, but the cab is still small. We have had no issues with it, it goes almost 10 hours on a single tank and it will lift 600 lbs flat out at the max. reach over the sides of the tracks, 595 hours on it and all the pins and bushings are still tight, much better choice than B..B.......Bob......caaattt...ugh, I can even type that name anymore with out crying.
I agree about the cab. the 2007 is a little different but it is a bit of a struggle to get in. Im very surprised on its cold weather starting abilities. I just moved the machine today and the temp is -18c and with just a regular pre heat of the glow plugs it fired right up. I tried to start up my bocat and needles to say im still working on it.