high oil pressure

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

s205

New here just looking for a little help. I just purchased a 2008 s205, has keyless screen. has no service codes or warnings. oil pressure is maxed, full bars. In the vitals screen it reads 150 psi. I have read about others having low pressure codes and low pressure problems but nothing about high pressure. I do not have a service book for it yet, but with it on and not running it reads 150 psi. while running it reads 150 psi. I unplugged the oil pressure sensor and with it on but not running it shows 0 psi and the oil pressure warning light shows up. Next time I run to town I will pick up a mechanical gauge to check pressure to be safe. Could the sensor be bad, or could someone have rigged the wiring to always read high so no low pressure codes would come up. machine has roughly 40 hours on oil and filters thanks in advance

Tazza

Staff member
I would have suspected the sender too. A manual gauge is a good idea, then you are sure the pressure is right.
I don't believe it has been rigged as when you remove the sender the pressure reads 0.

OP
OP
S

s205

I would have suspected the sender too. A manual gauge is a good idea, then you are sure the pressure is right.
I don't believe it has been rigged as when you remove the sender the pressure reads 0.
thanks for your reply. checked oil pressure today, cold start oil pressure was at 68psi at idle. I am left to assume that the oil pressure sender is bad and will run to the bobcat dealer later this week and give an update when I get it replaced. thanks

OP
OP
S

s205

thanks for your reply. checked oil pressure today, cold start oil pressure was at 68psi at idle. I am left to assume that the oil pressure sender is bad and will run to the bobcat dealer later this week and give an update when I get it replaced. thanks
Installed new oil pressure sensor, $88 and some change. oil pressure reads 70 psi cold start at idle. Ran around yard and seems to be fine.

Tazza

Staff member
Installed new oil pressure sensor, $88 and some change. oil pressure reads 70 psi cold start at idle. Ran around yard and seems to be fine.
Glad the sender fixed it, far cheaper than a trip with the machine to the dealer.