Helped buddy go pick up his new (to him) 1825

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skidsteer.ca

Free Image Hosting at www.auctiva.com

She needs some tlc, never met a "ready to go to work" used skids that was ready to work, but a few things and she will be good to go.
Tilt cylinders need repacked, 1 should have a new rod.
The quick attach is broke in half and now its trying to break the bucket to. Needs a heavier cross member to transfer the pull of the tilt cylinders from one side to the other.
Also note the dark spots in the bottom of the bucket. This is where oil from the tilt cylinder seals is leaking through cracks in the back of the bucket. Not major leaks yet, but will need attention soon.

The shop that sold it had got it running with a new rad. But that was about it. Tires are foam filled, but one is ripped open. all are near bald, but will last him a year or so around his home.
In the pic below you can see a pipe running crosswise behind the bucket (just below tilt cylinders) on the quick attach. This is where the qa is broke in two. It needs the pipe removed and something like a 2 by 2 by .250 box steel put in its place as the factory piece 1.5" dia pipe is to small, has been weled a couple time and is broke again.

You can't tell in the picks but the fuel and hydraulics tanks are in the rear corners of these machines and have been crack open from bumping into things over the years. It had just been freshly welded by the shop, but the hyd tank still has a slow drip that needs fixed.

1100 series Kubota seems to run well, machine shows 1130 hours on oem hour meter and seems to be correct. He picked it up for $4651 down in Wi.
I volunteered to go on a road trip to help him check it out and assist with the driving. He is pretty mechanically inclined and I'm sure it will serve him well for putting around his rural home 100 hours a year.
These were the seller pictures from online. His version of ready to go to work is different then mine, By looking at the pictures we knew some things like the bucket cracks needed fixed. Some of the other problem had visable clues that became obvious once we arrived.
Buying used machines online often results in these problem areas once you arrive. Hopefully this helps other buyers with their quest for a good cheap loader.
My bud is good with a wrench and I don't think he did too bad, but imo you pretty much have to go pick a machine up like this in person and inspect it when you pay. Getting it ship to you after payment would be too risky.
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
All in all its still a pretty tidy machine. After some time an effort has been spent, I'm sure it will be a really nice machine.
I like your views on "ready to work" i totally agree with you, there is no way that was ready to work with a cracked quick attach. All the other small leaks and issues would be simple to patch up.
I hope your buddy gets it all running quickly and easily.

godofjazz

All in all its still a pretty tidy machine. After some time an effort has been spent, I'm sure it will be a really nice machine.
I like your views on "ready to work" i totally agree with you, there is no way that was ready to work with a cracked quick attach. All the other small leaks and issues would be simple to patch up.
I hope your buddy gets it all running quickly and easily.
That is some great informationl, when i bought the 1840 i have now it was a ready to go to work machine too LOL
It had to rebuild the starter and get a new battery not too long after that and well and well...the biggest thing was he said it had a minor hyd leak...well...it was actually about $40 dollars of hydraulic fluid a day kinda leak LOL.....and it was the o rings seals inside the main hyd hoses in the belly under the seat......which is not off set like the ones in the bigger model 1845 and it is very hard to turn a wrench and had to cut a wrench to fit in there.
It was a good lesson...but i dont think i have learned all my lessons as of yet.... Oh the next thing on my list to fix is a brake...which it never came with a brake pedal and also....it looks like the whole thing has been removed for some reason.....i think that the brake was attached to the front left tire as im sitting in the drivers seat....inside the battery compartment is where you can see looks like this cone looking thing is broken....so i guess who ever had it before me just ripped out the brake altogether........ depending on how expensive it is i might and try to fix it...but as of now i will just have to make sure i park it on level ground and scotch the tires i paid 9800 dollars for it.....case 1840 with slightly over 4000 hours....50 horse power It is probably on worth about 7500 to 8000 currently but only after i fix the brake i guess...but it is worth more than that to me......i could never live with out it LOL.thanks Ken
peace JOHNNY

OP
OP
skidsteer.ca

skidsteer.ca

That is some great informationl, when i bought the 1840 i have now it was a ready to go to work machine too LOL
It had to rebuild the starter and get a new battery not too long after that and well and well...the biggest thing was he said it had a minor hyd leak...well...it was actually about $40 dollars of hydraulic fluid a day kinda leak LOL.....and it was the o rings seals inside the main hyd hoses in the belly under the seat......which is not off set like the ones in the bigger model 1845 and it is very hard to turn a wrench and had to cut a wrench to fit in there.
It was a good lesson...but i dont think i have learned all my lessons as of yet.... Oh the next thing on my list to fix is a brake...which it never came with a brake pedal and also....it looks like the whole thing has been removed for some reason.....i think that the brake was attached to the front left tire as im sitting in the drivers seat....inside the battery compartment is where you can see looks like this cone looking thing is broken....so i guess who ever had it before me just ripped out the brake altogether........ depending on how expensive it is i might and try to fix it...but as of now i will just have to make sure i park it on level ground and scotch the tires i paid 9800 dollars for it.....case 1840 with slightly over 4000 hours....50 horse power It is probably on worth about 7500 to 8000 currently but only after i fix the brake i guess...but it is worth more than that to me......i could never live with out it LOL.thanks Ken
peace JOHNNY
I don't mind lessons as long as tuition ain't to high.
Bud just dropped off my trailer, My truck driving skills are worth about 4 Labatts Blue a hour. He left me a 24 :)
Ken