Help with removing the lift cylinder.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jyuma

I need to rebuild the lift cylinders and the easiest way to do that is to first remove them from the loader. I have no problem at all removing the front pivot pins but the rears won't budge (much like the stuck Quicktach pin).
I placed a 3/4" blunt chisel against the outside of the pin an tapped with a hammer. Nothing... not even a hint of moving. Well... you know where this is going right? You got it... 10 lb sledge hammer and multiple heavy heavy hits and nothing. Stuck tight. Groan!
Inasmuch as I can get the front pins out no problem, I'm thinking that maybe it would be best to use a jack under the QuickTach and jack up the boom arms enough to allow the rod of the lift cylinders to slide out of the cylinder tubes and just leave the rears attached. Replace all the "O" rings and seals and call it a day.
Are there any reasons I shouldn't do that?

Tazza

Staff member
Is it possible they have a taper fit into the arm? Bobcat do this to prevent them moving, they can be horrible to get to crack. Some times you need to belt the snott out of them to get them to free up, but it sounds like you have done that already....

skidsteer.ca

Is it possible they have a taper fit into the arm? Bobcat do this to prevent them moving, they can be horrible to get to crack. Some times you need to belt the snott out of them to get them to free up, but it sounds like you have done that already....
Can you leave the barrel on the loader? Just remove the pin at the ram end, lift the boom up with a chain hoist and disasemble the cylinder rigt on the loader.
Skidsteer.ca