Help with cab heat in PT100

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

HeavyHauler

Hello, I'm in desperate need of help fixing my cab heater. It will blow warm air when its idling but when my skidster is moving it does nothing. I've checked the wires and fuses and they seem fine. I live in Minnesota and we have a big storm coming so the timing for it breaking isn't good. Any advice on how to figure this out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

cdmccul

"It does nothing..." it stops blowing, or it blows, but not cold?

If blows, but cold - low on coolant? Bad thermostat?

If stops blowing - loose wire?

cdmccul

Oh, and, WELCOME FROM ND! If you guys get snow this week, it isn't my fault. I'm trying to keep at least SOME of it here!

Thermoking

Good morning; Besides the two problems mentioned there is a possibility that your core is partially clogged.

OP
OP
H

HeavyHauler

Good morning. After looking in to it a little more I think it may be the cab wiring harness from the chasis. I took the screws out to take it apart but I can't get it to open. Is there a trick to get it off so I can check it out inside? Thanks

Thermoking

The only electrical operation of the heater is the blower motor, you stated that your heater wasn't blowing hot air nothing to do with the electrical function.

cdmccul

The only electrical operation of the heater is the blower motor, you stated that your heater wasn't blowing hot air nothing to do with the electrical function.
He had said "it does nothing"... So if "nothing" means no blowing at all, that is 99% likely an electrical only problem.