help with 3pt adaptor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

porta mill

Hi new to the forum I am not sure if I am posting in the correct place . I have a bobcat 743 I am trying to adapta 3pt landscape rake to a universal backing plate. I was wondering if anyone has been able to make one work efectivally with out destroying the rake due to not beable to have the rake float like a tractor . I am toying with the idea of trying to make the adptor be spring loaded so the rake can float some what, maybe someone has made one or might have a better ideas. any help would be appreciated and pics would be nice if avaliable.

140mower

First off, welcome to the forum, lots of good info passes through these pages on a regular basis.
While I've never done what you're attempting, I think I've seen the answer to your problem while surfing in the past. Skidsteer solutions offered a three point adapter that replicated the three point arms onto a universal mounting plate eliminating the need to alter the attatchment and allowing the use of any three point tractor attachments, they also had one with a hydraulic pto on it for running tillers etc.. That might be a good starting point to look at a few pictures of what you're looking to do.
I could be wrong but I believe your machine should have a float position in the hydraulics that should be no different in operation than the float in a three point, so I wouldn't think you'd be doing any damage to what ever attachment you use with it.
Sorry I can't be of more help, but hopefully this will help lead you in the right direction.
Don

OP
OP
P

porta mill

First off, welcome to the forum, lots of good info passes through these pages on a regular basis.
While I've never done what you're attempting, I think I've seen the answer to your problem while surfing in the past. Skidsteer solutions offered a three point adapter that replicated the three point arms onto a universal mounting plate eliminating the need to alter the attatchment and allowing the use of any three point tractor attachments, they also had one with a hydraulic pto on it for running tillers etc.. That might be a good starting point to look at a few pictures of what you're looking to do.
I could be wrong but I believe your machine should have a float position in the hydraulics that should be no different in operation than the float in a three point, so I wouldn't think you'd be doing any damage to what ever attachment you use with it.
Sorry I can't be of more help, but hopefully this will help lead you in the right direction.
Don
How do i know if i have the float position on my machine.

skidsteer.ca

How do i know if i have the float position on my machine.
Push hard with your left toe and the pedal will stick down. This is standard for many years now.
Mr Jimi build a hyd power 3pt to skidsteer converter to run a 3pt brusher on his 1845.
3pt Quick attach from www.HarbourFreight.com, welded a skidsteer qa plate to the back and picked up a hyd motor from the folks at www.surpluscenter.com
Think he had less then a grand in it all. He is a member here but has not been around for awhile. He can be found under the same name at www.tractorbynet.com usually in the build it yourself forum. There may be posts in this forum and tractor by net on this type of converter if you search.
Ken

OP
OP
P

porta mill

Thanks Ken for the heads up.
I bought a Harborfreight quick hitch for $69.00 and I put it together on a flat SS backing plate to use any 3 point tractor implement on my SS. Here is HF link
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93691
I bolted mine for now but I will weld it later and at this price, I bought 2 LOL
It's real simple and easy
Jim
thank you for the help havent had the chance to check if the float position is working or if it is equiped with that optsion.If can get the float to work i will definatally go th harbor freight to get the quick hitch . Again thank you for the help

perry

thank you for the help havent had the chance to check if the float position is working or if it is equiped with that optsion.If can get the float to work i will definatally go th harbor freight to get the quick hitch . Again thank you for the help
Jimi, that loks like a good heavy duty for $69, I'd buy it.

skidsteer.ca

Jimi, how heavy duty is the three point adapter?. What wouldn't you hook up?.
Perry the last I spoke with Jim on this he did not have the power pto option running yet. Though the setup looked quite simple. Surplus center sell a tractor pto stub that fits right onto the output shaft on the hyd motor. It was just a matter off mounting the motor and hooking up the hoses.
The best place to find Jim is at www.tractorbynet.com usually in the build it yourself forum.
Under Mr Jimi
Ken

DANNP

Perry the last I spoke with Jim on this he did not have the power pto option running yet. Though the setup looked quite simple. Surplus center sell a tractor pto stub that fits right onto the output shaft on the hyd motor. It was just a matter off mounting the motor and hooking up the hoses.
The best place to find Jim is at www.tractorbynet.com usually in the build it yourself forum.
Under Mr Jimi
Ken
Just browsing through and noticed the float position on the pedals I know when I articulate up and reach the end of the cylinders the engine dies a little will it do this if you have the float position forward on the left pedal on mine is bucket down would it not turn the bucket fully before going to float mode . I also ask because my machines pedal linkages are worn and there is no floor boards so you have to stand on the pedals to work inside the cab and I noticed that the left pedal stuck down but I thought it was linkage bind. sorry for interrupting the 3 pt adaptor post.

skidsteer.ca

Just browsing through and noticed the float position on the pedals I know when I articulate up and reach the end of the cylinders the engine dies a little will it do this if you have the float position forward on the left pedal on mine is bucket down would it not turn the bucket fully before going to float mode . I also ask because my machines pedal linkages are worn and there is no floor boards so you have to stand on the pedals to work inside the cab and I noticed that the left pedal stuck down but I thought it was linkage bind. sorry for interrupting the 3 pt adaptor post.
Dan
When you lift to the end of the cylinders the engines dies down a little because once the cylider hits the end, the flow from the hydraulic pump you directing to the cylinder with the foot valve(pedal) is forced over the hydraulic relief valve at maximum pressure (therefore it draws max hp)
When you go down the same will happen, until you push the pedal far enough that it sticks down, once the detent is locked on you won't hear the engine labour, and the oil is not being forced over the relief valve.
Ken

DANNP

Dan
When you lift to the end of the cylinders the engines dies down a little because once the cylider hits the end, the flow from the hydraulic pump you directing to the cylinder with the foot valve(pedal) is forced over the hydraulic relief valve at maximum pressure (therefore it draws max hp)
When you go down the same will happen, until you push the pedal far enough that it sticks down, once the detent is locked on you won't hear the engine labour, and the oil is not being forced over the relief valve.
Ken
Thanks for the info I will try it this weekend and see if mine has that it will be useful to level soil and plow this winter. I think I made a mistake when I said the left pedal was the bucket I believe it is the arms up and down.

perry

Thanks for the info I will try it this weekend and see if mine has that it will be useful to level soil and plow this winter. I think I made a mistake when I said the left pedal was the bucket I believe it is the arms up and down.
Jimi, have you acually seen the 3 point hitch adapter?. If so do you think it would up to a skid steer blank adapter plate?.