help to Identify Hydraulic fitting

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kilroy2k1

I managed to score the drive parts for my mini ex, Bobcat 56 (komatsu pc05) but I have a problem with the hydraulic connections to the travel motors. The machine has 10mm tubing with some form of compression fitting. The motors have 1 JIC to 1/4" BSP and 2 JIC to 3/8 BSP, the JIC sizes are 3/8 I believe. Does anyone know the proper name for the compression fittings for the travel motors so I can try and locate the proper fittings for the drive motors? Thanks Tom.

Tazza

Staff member
Can you post a picture of the fitting?
My dad mentioned that in their infinite wisdom, Komatsu came out with their own design, they have dfferent angles, so they may look like JIC but a different seat angle..... You may need to go to the dealer to match the fittings.

OP
OP
K

Kilroy2k1

My dad mentioned that in their infinite wisdom, Komatsu came out with their own design, they have dfferent angles, so they may look like JIC but a different seat angle..... You may need to go to the dealer to match the fittings.
I ended up just taking the stuff to a hydraulic repair place in Toronto as I had to go up there for the new tracks anyways and they set me up with a bunch of fittings and adapters and such. To the tune of $120 worth "ouch'. The jic adapters seem to work fine and no leaks yet. Thanks anyhow guys Tom.

Hotrod1830

I ended up just taking the stuff to a hydraulic repair place in Toronto as I had to go up there for the new tracks anyways and they set me up with a bunch of fittings and adapters and such. To the tune of $120 worth "ouch'. The jic adapters seem to work fine and no leaks yet. Thanks anyhow guys Tom.
For a steel line with a flare, there is the flare, followed by a tube sleeve, then a tube nut. Is that what you where asking( For future reference)?