Help loader died with boom almost fully up

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ylekyote

I have a New Holland LT185b compact track loader that just died in after working her for about 2 hours lightly. Boom is up and I can't lock it out because the safety pin is halfway covered. I was going in reverse to dump a bucket and the dash lights flickered and she went off fast. I heard and smelt plastic smoldering under the rear engine access hatch but it went out as I got a fire extinguisher. It would not start or give me any electrical or power at all when I tried to restart. Any tips for securing the boom somehow for safety? Or for the running problem? This is my first construction machine and I use her for light ranch and gardening chores. Thanks!

V65ozzie

For safety, I would at least put a 4x4 under the boom to hold it up. Pretty sure the new holland also has a boom release so you can bring it down safely. But I do understand the issue, once it's down, if it won't start, you can't move it. Ran into this once before on a bobcat. As fa as the running problem, you will need to get in there and find whats burned, probably a chaffed harness that shorted. If you are lucky you can probably repair the harness, replace a couple of fuses and be on your way.