Help Bobcat 863 won’t start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Boyce18

I have a 2001 bobcat 863 that will not start. left panel says "input". I have power to the right panel and left panel (red wire/white stripe) power to the ignition key, and when key is tuned it puts power to the left panel also. All wires and fuses are good. Barrowed a spare left is panel and tried it but no luck. If I jump out on the starter it will run but it will not move. Please any help don't know where to look next

reaperman

Did you check the starter relay? You can swap it with another to verify if its working or not.

OP
OP
B

Boyce18

Did you check the starter relay? You can swap it with another to verify if its working or not.
It's not the relay, I did swap them check all fuses and swapped out the battery. For some reason it just seems that the left panel is not working as it should, no light on it come on it just says input

Tazza

Staff member
It's not the relay, I did swap them check all fuses and swapped out the battery. For some reason it just seems that the left panel is not working as it should, no light on it come on it just says input
Input means the panels are not communicating to eachother or the computer, you can try checking the wiring from the panel to the computer, look for any obvious breaks and the connectors.
Not a good error to have, as it stops everything working, as you have seen....

BC873G

Boyce, I have some information from a service manual that might help. Add your email to your profile or post it here and I will forward.

Tazza

Staff member
I did look at it a little more today. The only thing I found is that I have 12.4 volts to the ignition key but when I turn the key to the on position the voltage drops to 8.4. Don't know why. Voltage at the left panel stays at 12.4
That is a significant voltage drop...
Have you tried jumping the starter to see if the enginge will crank? wondering if it's as simple as a weak battery. It should be +12v to the small pin in the starter motor.

OP
OP
B

Boyce18

That is a significant voltage drop...
Have you tried jumping the starter to see if the enginge will crank? wondering if it's as simple as a weak battery. It should be +12v to the small pin in the starter motor.
Yes if you jump out the starter it runs but it will not move

7LBSSMALLIE

Yes if you jump out the starter it runs but it will not move
if memory serves, its a pink white wire that transmits voltage from controller to panels. see previous post for pin locaction. issue was was transmit voltage but not enough amps. was easily trouble shot by suppling batt power to suspect pin, jumper.wire issue was wire to small broke down over time. would read twelve volts but no flow so to speak.

OP
OP
B

Boyce18

if memory serves, its a pink white wire that transmits voltage from controller to panels. see previous post for pin locaction. issue was was transmit voltage but not enough amps. was easily trouble shot by suppling batt power to suspect pin, jumper.wire issue was wire to small broke down over time. would read twelve volts but no flow so to speak.
Looks like the controller is probably shot in my machine, going to have to bring it to the dealer and see what they say. I guess it looks like you can not replace the controller your self.

Latest posts