Hello from the Yukon

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Onfoot

After being persuaded by a fellow to sell my Case 580C backhoe to him, I decided that a skidsteer would be a sensible replacement, mostly caring for my 1.5 mile 'driveway' to my off-grid home in the Yukon bush. So I am now a newbie with a 1993 Bobcat 7753, along with a 6 way Erskine dozer blade that I also managed to pick up. I clearly have lots to learn and have already very much appreciated the collective wisdom of this forum as I try to unravel the arcane Bobcat classifications! I am still trying to figure out if a 7753 is an F series, a G series, or ??? And of course learning how to operate the machine--using joysticks for mobility and foot pedals for implements--a bit like patting my head and rubbing my stomach at the same time. But great fun! Will have lots of questions for the forum, I am sure. (Already have posted one about 14 pin connection.) And hope I can contribute as well.

Tazza

Staff member
Welcome to the site.
Generally the easiest way to work out if you have a G or F series machine is the head lights, are they square or triangular? Square ones are F, triangular is G. The G series cabs are more rounded.

OP
OP
Onfoot

Onfoot

Welcome to the site.
Generally the easiest way to work out if you have a G or F series machine is the head lights, are they square or triangular? Square ones are F, triangular is G. The G series cabs are more rounded.
Thanks for the welcome, Tazza. So, with rectangular lights, I presume I am an F series? The cab is not rounded at all, to my eyes, and the lights are not triangular. Bobcats are complicated--but I will persevere! Thanks again!

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for the welcome, Tazza. So, with rectangular lights, I presume I am an F series? The cab is not rounded at all, to my eyes, and the lights are not triangular. Bobcats are complicated--but I will persevere! Thanks again!
I can't say for sure if it is F series, but its before the G series. Usually there is a sticker or even the designation stamped on the serial number plate. Is it still attached?

OP
OP
Onfoot

Onfoot

I can't say for sure if it is F series, but its before the G series. Usually there is a sticker or even the designation stamped on the serial number plate. Is it still attached?
The SN plate is intact and easily read. But nothing to suggest any series. Just the model--7753--and the SN. Looked around at all the other plates/decals on the machine, with nothing indicating anything about series. But sounds like it must be an F series from what you have said. Thanks again!

SkidRoe

The SN plate is intact and easily read. But nothing to suggest any series. Just the model--7753--and the SN. Looked around at all the other plates/decals on the machine, with nothing indicating anything about series. But sounds like it must be an F series from what you have said. Thanks again!
According to what I have picked over the years, the 7753 was built for 3 years, 1990-1993, and was Bobcat's first foray into the field of vertical lift path machines. In 1994, it was superseeded by the 773, which was a largely unchanged design.
Based on the years of manufacture, I wouldn't hesitate to say that your machine even pre-dates the F-series designation.
Still a great machine. I have spent many an hour with the 773 and have never been let down by it.

OP
OP
Onfoot

Onfoot

According to what I have picked over the years, the 7753 was built for 3 years, 1990-1993, and was Bobcat's first foray into the field of vertical lift path machines. In 1994, it was superseeded by the 773, which was a largely unchanged design.
Based on the years of manufacture, I wouldn't hesitate to say that your machine even pre-dates the F-series designation.
Still a great machine. I have spent many an hour with the 773 and have never been let down by it.
Helpful information, SkidRoe! My SN is 509613634. I was given to understand that it was made in 1993. Part of my reason for wondering about F or G series was deciding which cab enclosure would be appropriate in due course. (Looking at SkidSteerSolutions and Northern Hardware.)