Hello from Central Oregon, loosing my mind over hydraulic issue.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Covert1

Howdy, I own a small Hot Rod & performance shop in Redmond Oregon. I purchased a Melroe M600 this summer and spent a couple 2 months restoring it in general and then spent the last 3-4 months trying to fix a hydraulic issue that has me at my last straw with this thing. I thought i had made a good buy at first but it's become more and more evident that the guy i purchased it from was less than honest by a few train lengths. You can get in it and fire it up and everything works fantastic for 15-20 minutes of use and then the hydraulics get jumpy and will quit working. If I just sit and hold the pedal down it will jump up every now and then and sometimes start working fine again then 10 min later get jumpy and jittery again along with the bucket bleeding off. I've had this thing apart more times than i can count now. I've relaced almost everything but the pump witch I've had apart and inspected twice, it looks great, there's no wear hardly inside it, gears look good, replaced all the suction hoses, resealed connections, new oring on the filter housing and the last time i used RTV on the housing and the hoses with new SS clamps so i know they're not leaking, the pump has a new drive on it, new hydro hoses on the pressure side, new pressure relief valve, new tilt and lift hydro valves, new pipes, new lines on the lift and tilt cylinders, rebuilt the cylinders, rebuilt the speed adjusting valve and the drive unit on the engine, cut holes in the lower sides of the machine between the tires and used a 5000 psi pressure washer to clean everything out of the tanks and crossover tube, used air to blow out all the lines, changed 40 gallons of iso32 through it to clean it out, changed the filter twice, tried running it without the filter installed, same problem, the only thing i haven't replaced is the pump but it looks so good inside i cant see how it could be the problem. I eliminated and plugged the filter vacuum line, checked the bypass in the filter housing seems to be fine, i added an extra 5 gallons to the tanks to see if it would force feed enough to the pump but it still does it. It doesn't make any noise when it does it either. no sound of cavitation or air in the pump, it stays quite and the engine runs great, if i extend the bucket out and bottom the hyd when it's working you can hear the pump load and then the relief valve open which i tried adjusting the pressure up on but still has the same problem. I don't see how a gear drive pump that has a few thousandths of clearance inside could loose prime or drop pressure. Does anyone know if there is a sediment screen or something inside the tank on the pickup tube for the pump? I'm about to take the torch and cut this dam thing in half to see inside the crossover tube.

OP
OP
C

Covert1

Update: At the moment it appears that It may be user error. I may not have filled the system up enough after the repairs this morning. It has ran flawless the last half an hour but I ran out of stuff to do with it today. Have a load of gravel coming that should test if it is ok or not.

Latest posts