Hello from Alaska

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Saul907

Hello from Fairbanks, Alaska.

I'm a 4-year owner of a Bobcat 853 with 4000+ hrs. Use it for plowing snow, lifting heavy crates, flipping trailers for maintenance, and yard/driveway work. Needs more TLC than I have time, but it keeps on doing what I ask of it.
One of my maintenance accomplishments is tapping in a new fuel pickup into the tank, after the factory pickup tube broke off. Installing a new pickup towards the center of the tank was a great way to avoid removing a LOT of components that were in the way of fixing the factory pickup.

Running Hotshots EDT in every tank of all my diesels and Seafoam seasonally.

Just picked up a very clean 709FDS Backhoe attachment.
Looking for the mount kit for my machine: P/N 6587606.

welcome here, lotsa bobcat owners on the board. I['m also in Fairbanks running a NH Lx885 fo 10 years. My fiberglass tank spung a leak few yrs ago, what a nightmare getting it out thru the bottom. Skidsteers are not easy to work on for sure

cdmccul

welcome here, lotsa bobcat owners on the board. I['m also in Fairbanks running a NH Lx885 fo 10 years. My fiberglass tank spung a leak few yrs ago, what a nightmare getting it out thru the bottom. Skidsteers are not easy to work on for sure
Any pics of your struggle? So it was fiberglass, not just a clear/black plastic? My fuel tank is white/clear poly... But I've got an ancient 632.

OP
OP
S

Saul907

Got pics of your new fuel pickup?
I can tilt the cab back and get some more photos this week. I know I have some already, but it's been a few years. I have the black plastic tank, so just bought a factory new grommet and pick up tube, and drilled the appropriately sized hole in the center top of the tank to make it all work.

cdmccul

If you gotta do that much to get the pictures, don't do it special for me. Ha, thanks thought.

I figured that's how you'd fix it. I like creative problem solving.