HEATER BLOWING COLD AIR .. HELP !

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RobPg1967

FINALLY I have installed a twin fan heater with heater core in my Bobcat. I removed the radiator - had it cleaned and checked, heres my problem - look at the NEW picture I have posted in the pictures gallery section of this forum - look in the folder that is named " 1992 743b HEATER " The FEED line to the heater core gets hot - but the return line is staying cold. I even swapped the hoses connecting to the water pump just for kicks - and still NOT hot air from the heater. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Tazza

Staff member
Most heater cores have a one way valve, that would cause the heat on one hose and not the other. You did mention you did swap the hoses over, so if that was the problem it should have fixed it.... Could it be low coolant pressure causing it to not flow correctly?
I take it you don't have any problems with the engine over heating do you?
Anyone else?

DslDan

Most heater cores have a one way valve, that would cause the heat on one hose and not the other. You did mention you did swap the hoses over, so if that was the problem it should have fixed it.... Could it be low coolant pressure causing it to not flow correctly?
I take it you don't have any problems with the engine over heating do you?
Anyone else?
Two things I would check 1. Have you tried reversing the hoses on the heater itself? I know some heaters have a check valve built in and if its hooked up backwards what you are describing will happen. 2. You could have an air bubble in the cooling system preventing coolant from making the loop. Try starting cold and running up to temp with radiator off and see what happens. Try these two things and let us know how you make out Dan