Heater and AC

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kfin

I have a 2001 Bobcat 873G with heat and air. The heat and air worked until recently, it just quit blowing one day. Now the fan won't come on, the switch beside the fan that has a green light that comes on when you turn on the air...the light won't come on. I found the fuses and there is one labeled "heater", it didn't look bad to me but I put a new one in anyway. Still nothing. It has a windshield wiper that has never worked but I don't want to derail this thread working on it, just mentioned it because I didn't see a fuse for it and don't know if it is on the same one or not. The interior light and radio do still work. I have taken the wiper and heater/ac covers off to look at the wiring behind them. The switch for the fan does look a strange color to me...but I don't have a point of comparison. How can I troubleshoot this issue? I am fairly mechanically inclined but not much on electrical things. :( I just ordered the repair manual so it will be here in a few days. Thanks for any help offered up. Keith

mrfixitpaul

Take a 12v test light and see if you have power at the switch, usually orange wire is the fused power wire. if no power troubleshoot back to the fuse panel. if yes power see if power gous through the switch at different positions. if no replace switch. if yes power through switch check for power at connector near heating unit...have to tilt cab for this. if yes power to heating unit make sure the grounds are ok in the circuit but probably fan motor is bad.

OP
OP
K

kfin

Take a 12v test light and see if you have power at the switch, usually orange wire is the fused power wire. if no power troubleshoot back to the fuse panel. if yes power see if power gous through the switch at different positions. if no replace switch. if yes power through switch check for power at connector near heating unit...have to tilt cab for this. if yes power to heating unit make sure the grounds are ok in the circuit but probably fan motor is bad.
I got it working today. Still not quite sure how yet. :) When I put the test light on it, it did not light up. I put the light on the wipers though and it did light up. Took the light probe and stuck it through the power wire to the heater blower and touched it to the wiper power and the fan started right up. A friend said there might have been a relay in the heater wire that got bumped somehow???? Anyway it is fixed up. Now it is time to figure out why the wipers don't work. All I know right now is that the wiper switch has power to it. Thanks for the help.