Headliner and top glass replacement

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jon_B

I have a 763 F-Series and need to replace the top glass and headliner. How do you install the rubber seal around the glass to hold the headliner in place?

Tazza

Staff member
There was a trick that you use a piece of nylon blind cord, you wrap it around the rubber, get one part installed, and when you pull the cord back, it flips the rubber back and over the hole.
I did mine with my dad and screw drivers, it took a while, but we got there.

OP
OP
J

Jon_B

There was a trick that you use a piece of nylon blind cord, you wrap it around the rubber, get one part installed, and when you pull the cord back, it flips the rubber back and over the hole.
I still need help in which way the gasket goes and how the headliner is incorporated into.

OP
OP
J

Jon_B

I still need help in which way the gasket goes and how the headliner is incorporated into.
The gasket used for the top glass is different than the type that is used for the rear window which is typically installed with the use of a cord like that of an older pickup truck. Any special tips or tricks would be appreciated.

Tazza

Staff member
The gasket used for the top glass is different than the type that is used for the rear window which is typically installed with the use of a cord like that of an older pickup truck. Any special tips or tricks would be appreciated.
I have never had to do a top glass, just a rear one

Stonehands

Glad to see this thread. I bought new top glass and gasket for my 863F 6 years ago and have yet to put it in. Going to try it again now. I tried the screwdriver trick but lost patience.

Latest posts