hdray-mac 8b

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

earmuffs

i have a mitey mac that i want to sell,but it looses its neutral position when you shut it down. then when restarting it trys to turn or move making it hard to turn over until you find neutral again. levers on drive pumps are tight and linkages arent to bad. ??

Tazza

Staff member
I assume there is a spring to hold it in neutral? i wonder if ot may not be tight enough to pull the pump back to neutral? I'm just thinking of the bobcat setup with a plate, stops and a spring. The spring pushed the plate with two stops on it that hold the arms on the pump that connect to the swash plates in the correct position.
When you find neutral and the machine is running, does it stay in neutral? or does it still creep? if it moves still, you may need to try and work out how to do the adjustment.
Sorry i can't be more help, i have never seen or worked on one of these machines :(

dozer

I assume there is a spring to hold it in neutral? i wonder if ot may not be tight enough to pull the pump back to neutral? I'm just thinking of the bobcat setup with a plate, stops and a spring. The spring pushed the plate with two stops on it that hold the arms on the pump that connect to the swash plates in the correct position.
When you find neutral and the machine is running, does it stay in neutral? or does it still creep? if it moves still, you may need to try and work out how to do the adjustment.
Sorry i can't be more help, i have never seen or worked on one of these machines :(
My 12C did the same thing. What I ended up doing was greasing and tightening all the linkages the whole way back. That alone helped alot.
But what helped most was simply running the levers back and forth a few times before I tried starting it. Especially the drive lever. The T-Bar system is pretty nice but it does have its problems. Primarily getting in and out for my big a(&.
But even if you think everything is good make sure you keep all the linkages really well greased or WD-40ed. Just my .02 from having an old hydra-mac.
Good Luck,
Dozer

OP
OP
E

earmuffs

My 12C did the same thing. What I ended up doing was greasing and tightening all the linkages the whole way back. That alone helped alot.
But what helped most was simply running the levers back and forth a few times before I tried starting it. Especially the drive lever. The T-Bar system is pretty nice but it does have its problems. Primarily getting in and out for my big a(&.
But even if you think everything is good make sure you keep all the linkages really well greased or WD-40ed. Just my .02 from having an old hydra-mac.
Good Luck,
Dozer
there is a neutral locking device operated by pressure on the seat. seems to be not working right. there are springs pulling both directions on the t bar but dont really center it. it doesnt creep when running unless the t bar moves. it just seems to need some putzing with.