Hauling 863 turbo

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hey everyone im going to be hauling my dads bobcat to one of his buddys with my silverado 1500 and a rental trailer from the local ace hardware. I was just wondering where the best place to chain it will be with just the bucket and the forks will b in the bed of my truck and how close am i going to be to maxing out my trucks pulling capability?

skidsteer.ca

You will be more then maxed out legally speaking, take it easy.
Tie down points are in the front behind the bucket and at the rear below the engine door

sandhills-elect

Thank you Skidsteer.ca and we decided we arent taking the backhoe. Will we be maxed out yet?
I sure hope you have a brake controller in your pickup and the trailer has brakes or you might be in for a harry ride. You better take it real slow, i don't know the country you will be in but i hope it is rather flat. Might better put a slow moving sigh on it and take it real easy. Brent.

frogfarmer

Thank you Skidsteer.ca and we decided we arent taking the backhoe. Will we be maxed out yet?
That machine on a trailer heavy enough to make it legal is more than the braking system of any Half Ton truck was designed for. You will be way outside the safety zone of that vehicle. We see people doing this all the time but I personally don't want a manslaughter charge for gross neglegance on my part. My truck, tri axle float, and skid with my hoe is over 22,000 lbs. My truck is registered commercial and plated for 42,000 lbs.

OP
OP
B
That machine on a trailer heavy enough to make it legal is more than the braking system of any Half Ton truck was designed for. You will be way outside the safety zone of that vehicle. We see people doing this all the time but I personally don't want a manslaughter charge for gross neglegance on my part. My truck, tri axle float, and skid with my hoe is over 22,000 lbs. My truck is registered commercial and plated for 42,000 lbs.
Thank you all for the information.

jerry

Thank you all for the information.
Over on the Open roads forum there is a lot of information on trailer towing ratings, cargo capacities and so on. It is surprising how little some trucks will haul legally. That being said as soon as the machine is put on the trailer it attracts the attention of every state trooper around so it better be right, some areas are worse than others I suppose.

siduramaxde

Over on the Open roads forum there is a lot of information on trailer towing ratings, cargo capacities and so on. It is surprising how little some trucks will haul legally. That being said as soon as the machine is put on the trailer it attracts the attention of every state trooper around so it better be right, some areas are worse than others I suppose.
Please don't take a chance hauling overloaded. Not only is it hard on equipment but it puts others at a greater risk of danger. You don't want to hurt someone else do you? Just think what could happen if you can't stop or you have to make a sudden move on the road. It's asking for trouble.