Handful of questions on my 963

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rock_rat

I recently picked up a 963 from auction and Im trying to get it running. Im new to the bobcat world and have a couple of questions:

• Perkins 1004-40T w/stanadyne DB4 pump. The shutoff solenoid appears to run off vacuum, but the lever moves up/down freely by hand. Is that normal? Which position allows fuel to flow?
  • On the orange wire going to the switch for the loader valve (and a couple of places in the engine bay) I have continuity to ground. That seems odd to me, Ive never heard of a company using orange for ground? Is that correct?
  • Where are ya'll getting used/salvage parts from? I have a couple of pieces I need to replace and I think salvage is going to be the best route
  • How do I unplug the BICS computer? Stupid question, but I cant find a tab to push on the wiring connector or anything. I need to run some testing on the wiring there
  • Im getting 180-200 psi on all 4 cylinders which I assume is why I cant get the engine to pop off. Anyone know what compression should be? I cant find a spec for it online
Appreciate any help.

brdgbldr

I recently picked up a 963 from auction and Im trying to get it running. Im new to the bobcat world and have a couple of questions:

• Perkins 1004-40T w/stanadyne DB4 pump. The shutoff solenoid appears to run off vacuum, but the lever moves up/down freely by hand. Is that normal? Which position allows fuel to flow?
  • On the orange wire going to the switch for the loader valve (and a couple of places in the engine bay) I have continuity to ground. That seems odd to me, Ive never heard of a company using orange for ground? Is that correct?
  • Where are ya'll getting used/salvage parts from? I have a couple of pieces I need to replace and I think salvage is going to be the best route
  • How do I unplug the BICS computer? Stupid question, but I cant find a tab to push on the wiring connector or anything. I need to run some testing on the wiring there
  • Im getting 180-200 psi on all 4 cylinders which I assume is why I cant get the engine to pop off. Anyone know what compression should be? I cant find a spec for it online
Appreciate any help.
You should be getting 300-500 PSI compression @cranking speed.

I have included two pages of the bobcat "Loader Technical Service Guide" that should come in handy. Just use the one that pertains to your specific serial number.

Just a note, I have found typos in this manual. So if something doesn't look correct try to verify it.

Attachments

• IMG_0392.jpeg
    IMG_0392.jpeg
    458.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0391.jpeg
    IMG_0391.jpeg
    484.8 KB · Views: 54