grapple issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ddbackhoe

My grapple "clamp" is not very good. If I pick up a log and dont roll the grapple back, the weight of the log. will cause the grapple to open. Do I need to add a pilot operated relief or? TIA for the advice

foton

I would guess you have something bypassing pressure as the valving or cylinder, if you have another attachment with a cylinder try it , if it operates well it has to be the cylinder on the grapple.

OP
OP
D

ddbackhoe

I would guess you have something bypassing pressure as the valving or cylinder, if you have another attachment with a cylinder try it , if it operates well it has to be the cylinder on the grapple.
Turns out this may be an open center system. Since the work port isn't closed in neutral, I may need something else for load holding.

Don Pearson

I have had a Titan grapple for more than 2 years and had no problem at all. As foton said, if there are no obvious flaws with the attachment, if its doing the same thing on more than 1 machine, it does get pretty obvious. I would bet the cylinder are metric....