GO levers on 610

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

maineshops

the forward /reverse levers are loose on their shafts so i guess the splines are stripped. is there a fix for that other than taking them out,welding and turning the shafts,bushing the levers, and putting a key in them. is there too much mechanical advantage to use a key in place of the original spline? i have a lathe and a mill but no broach to do the internal spline.

jerry

on the one I had they were loose also, if I remember right the shaft is really hard steel and I ground a pocket in the shaft and put a setscrew in the lever. It held good. the worn hole can be bushed and it will help some. You can still buy these parts from Bobcat, they are not cheap but it is 30-35 years old and almost all parts are still available.

OP
OP
M

maineshops

on the one I had they were loose also, if I remember right the shaft is really hard steel and I ground a pocket in the shaft and put a setscrew in the lever. It held good. the worn hole can be bushed and it will help some. You can still buy these parts from Bobcat, they are not cheap but it is 30-35 years old and almost all parts are still available.
thanks Jerry a set screw works for me. a lot easier. does a 1/4 inch sound about right?

jerry

thanks Jerry a set screw works for me. a lot easier. does a 1/4 inch sound about right?
1/4 inch seems small though, maybe 5/16 or 3/8 my memory is not really good on this. Check to see if the shafts are hardened, I may be wrong on that also and then you could just put a pin through. The levers clamp down on the spline don't they? If there is any spline left maybe you could wrap thin shim stock, aluminum or brass, around it and then clamp it

OP
OP
M

maineshops

1/4 inch seems small though, maybe 5/16 or 3/8 my memory is not really good on this. Check to see if the shafts are hardened, I may be wrong on that also and then you could just put a pin through. The levers clamp down on the spline don't they? If there is any spline left maybe you could wrap thin shim stock, aluminum or brass, around it and then clamp it
Jerry the book shows a spline but as sloppy as the left one is i think it is washed off. good idea on the shim though. I'll try turning a thin tube and drive it in there and then tighten it. i suppose I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get into the chain drive pretty soon. I've been holding off to try to learn a little more about the thing first. i barely know how to make it move. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

gymsbyjo

Jerry the book shows a spline but as sloppy as the left one is i think it is washed off. good idea on the shim though. I'll try turning a thin tube and drive it in there and then tighten it. i suppose I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get into the chain drive pretty soon. I've been holding off to try to learn a little more about the thing first. i barely know how to make it move. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?
I just took my levers off, heated them. hammered on them a little to oblong them a little, then hammered the shaft through it while it was still hot. Tapped the shaft back out, let it cool and then put it back together again. Seems to be working. No slop. Don't know how long it will work like that but it was a cheap and easy fix. Joe