Glow plugs

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

uffda

What is the brand and number of the glow plugs for the 743? Are NGK glow plugs any good?

gatorguy

I just had mine off to test them...they were "NGK Y106V". The manual which is linked on the forum here shows a testing procedure to do before replacing them.

farmshop

I just had mine off to test them...they were "NGK Y106V". The manual which is linked on the forum here shows a testing procedure to do before replacing them.
I would definitely test them before replacing them. Even if you just test for power going to them with a test light to make sure power is getting there. From there you could ohm them 1 at a time between the stud and ground and check for open circuit

skidsteerdan

I would definitely test them before replacing them. Even if you just test for power going to them with a test light to make sure power is getting there. From there you could ohm them 1 at a time between the stud and ground and check for open circuit
If spark plugs are any guide, NGK makes the best IMO. I personally would only use NGK spark plugs in my vehicles, and definitely the same for the glow plugs in my new-to-me 443 with a Kubota D750.