Gehl SL4640E engine heater

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Husker24

Hello,
I have a Gehl SL4640E with a Deutz TD 2009 L 04 engine, I am trying to figure out the best way to install some type of engine block heater. The parts manual I have shows a threaded block heater installed near the coolant temp sensor but mine just has a freeze plug located there on the engine. It doesn't look difficult to access but I was hoping I could just remove a threaded plug and screw in the block heater. Does anyone know if there is another location that I could thread a block heater into? Or would a different style of engine heater be simpler to install?
thumbnail.jpg

lkenny

I spoke with Samuel(Deutz) in
1704984373972.png
Montreal and he says it goes in the oil pan Deutz Part number 300235

OP
OP
H

Husker24

Thank you for your replies. I think I would like to go with a circulating heater but do no know for sure where to connect my hoses. There is a little stub hose capped off coming from the thermostat housing, I am guessing this is where one of my connection would be but where would I connect the other hose?

Firefighter

That maybe for a cab heater connection, which would probably work, is there another connection, at the inlet for the lower radiator hose?
if it would be mine, i think i would get the one that goes into the block, a clean installation n dont have to route hoses etc and works as well if not better

OP
OP
H

Husker24

Thank you for the suggestions. At a quick glance I don't see another connection by the lower radiator hose but it is kind of tough to see. I tried to measure my freeze plug and it looks closer to 1-1/4", at least on the outside, the hole must be tapered to 1-1/8". Watching the video, I don't think I'll have room to square up and drive anything in. I'll check with the local auto parts store and see if they have something 1-1/8" that wouldn't hit on anything internally.

Latest posts