GEHL 4510

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ACgehl

After years of breaking my back with a shovel I have finally come into possession of a somewhat low use 4510 but unfortunately, even less maintenance. It was barely running when I got it last year. Since then I've gotten it running pretty well and I've been replacing what's worn as I'm using it and it's earning it's keep. I've poked around on this site since I got it, but I really didn't find an answer to my question. I understand "atf type a, f, dexron, or equivalent hydraulic fluid" is what the manual calls for. It's the "or equivalent hydraulic fluid" that gets me. What is a good equivalent? Is the Premium Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid from tsc a good replacement? What is anyone running in theirs?

foton

the only thing is as best as I know aft is a high detergent oil, hydro oil is not. And I do not know why Gehl would use aft (but they must have a reason) but utf I think is to heavy a weight oil maybe aw -46, might want to contact a dealer and ask what they use. I know it is apples and oranges but in my bobcat 500 I use utf but they were using 10/30 engine oil in it.

OP
OP
A

ACgehl

the only thing is as best as I know aft is a high detergent oil, hydro oil is not. And I do not know why Gehl would use aft (but they must have a reason) but utf I think is to heavy a weight oil maybe aw -46, might want to contact a dealer and ask what they use. I know it is apples and oranges but in my bobcat 500 I use utf but they were using 10/30 engine oil in it.
Thanks for the reply. The tsc utf is supposed to be a 10w30 according to the label on the bucket. I haven't found dealerships to be very forthcoming with advice, but I'll give them a shot.