Gehl 3825 Kubota diesel engine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

I have a Gehl 3825 with a Kubota 4 cyl diesel which I have had a lot of issues with it starting during the winter - I turn the key, it buzzes but then nothing; I repeat that two or three times, still nothing, then it seemed like if I wiggled the joysticks, it would crank over. Now during the summer, i had that do it once but other times, it cranks over without a problem. People have mentioned starter solenoid, seat switch, short in wires (took plate off by gauges and they look fine). I would like to come up with an answer before wintertime again - is there any one over the other that could be causing this?

Where is the solenoid located on this and can you even get a new one?

brdgbldr

I have a Gehl 3825 with a Kubota 4 cyl diesel which I have had a lot of issues with it starting during the winter - I turn the key, it buzzes but then nothing; I repeat that two or three times, still nothing, then it seemed like if I wiggled the joysticks, it would crank over. Now during the summer, i had that do it once but other times, it cranks over without a problem. People have mentioned starter solenoid, seat switch, short in wires (took plate off by gauges and they look fine). I would like to come up with an answer before wintertime again - is there any one over the other that could be causing this?

Where is the solenoid located on this and can you even get a new one?
I'm not familiar with that specific machine, but it sounds like it may be retaining pressure in the hydraulic or hydrostatic system causing a load on the engine when you try to turn it over. If it happens again, see if you can turn the engine over with a wrench. If it is overly difficult, this may be your problem.

The starter solenoid is normally located on the starter itself. They get old and sometimes stick. If it is easily accessed, you can try to tap on it with a hammer to get it unstuck but that is only a temporary solution.

gdtackett

Starter solenoid was it!
Generic solenoid from Tractor Supply and all is well.

Not easy to reach but cured the problem.

Jim A

Keep you original solenoid .Take apart clean contacts.
Chinese one will fail .
I refuse to use them.
Try NAPA echlin brand much better if you need another.

OP
OP
danderson@bigdtechnology.
gdtackett - where did you find it at and what did you have to take off to change it??

Jim A - if I was going to get a NAPA one, what would I ask for??

Latest posts