gehl 2500 need parts or whole skid steer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
What dive parts are you looking for? pumps, motors, sprockets, axles?
Give as much detail as you can for the best chance of finding the goodies you are after.

OP
OP
H

huston961

What dive parts are you looking for? pumps, motors, sprockets, axles?
Give as much detail as you can for the best chance of finding the goodies you are after.
well the left drive pump isnt working im not quite sure what the problem is i tore it apart it looked good so i put it back together and same thing so im kinda lost i might have to tear it apart again but im looking for whole drive i guess thanks rick

Tazza

Staff member
well the left drive pump isnt working im not quite sure what the problem is i tore it apart it looked good so i put it back together and same thing so im kinda lost i might have to tear it apart again but im looking for whole drive i guess thanks rick
Pull it down, look where the rotating groups run, see if there are any scores. If you can feel them with your fingernail, its too deep and needs to be re-surfaced.

OP
OP
H

huston961

ok will do thanks ill get back to you
I tore it down and it appeared good but i put it back together and when i try to use that side it just whines and struggles like its low on fluid im really confused on this Ive worked on cars and motorcycles 4 wheelers everything all my life im really frusterated here any other ideas would be appreciated thank you so much for trying to help

Tazza

Staff member
I tore it down and it appeared good but i put it back together and when i try to use that side it just whines and struggles like its low on fluid im really confused on this Ive worked on cars and motorcycles 4 wheelers everything all my life im really frusterated here any other ideas would be appreciated thank you so much for trying to help
Do you feel the steering lever figiting back as you try and move? If it does, it could be a motor issue. If its under heavy load you will feel more resistance through the steering levers.
You should be able to swap the drive motors from side to side and see if the problem switches sides.

OP
OP
H

huston961

Do you feel the steering lever figiting back as you try and move? If it does, it could be a motor issue. If its under heavy load you will feel more resistance through the steering levers.
You should be able to swap the drive motors from side to side and see if the problem switches sides.
no i dont feel it fighting at all i can get it to work kinda sometimes then it goes away again never like it should though when it does and u put a load on it it whines like its lacking fluid. I took the cap off the tank for that individual pump and it sometimes drains itself empty I can fill it back up and drive it and it goes down more like its not pumping any fluid in it the hose that goes into the pump itself is it the incoming for the fluid or is it the big hose on the tank? thank you so much for your time i really appreciate it. I think the next step might be to switch sides like you said and see what happens thanks again

OP
OP
H

huston961

no i dont feel it fighting at all i can get it to work kinda sometimes then it goes away again never like it should though when it does and u put a load on it it whines like its lacking fluid. I took the cap off the tank for that individual pump and it sometimes drains itself empty I can fill it back up and drive it and it goes down more like its not pumping any fluid in it the hose that goes into the pump itself is it the incoming for the fluid or is it the big hose on the tank? thank you so much for your time i really appreciate it. I think the next step might be to switch sides like you said and see what happens thanks again
switched sides same thing if u got anymore info please let me know and thanks again or any friends got info would appreciate thanks.

Tazza

Staff member
switched sides same thing if u got anymore info please let me know and thanks again or any friends got info would appreciate thanks.
If the problem doesn't move when you swap motors its a pump issue. It could simply be wear in the valve or wear plate. You can generally fix this with sand paper and a sheet of glass.