Full throttle and steel tracks

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

andyjax

Hello all-

Just wanted to shout out a huge THANK YOU for all of you that have helped me maintain my old workhorse Bobcat 773G turbo through the years. Really appreciate everything. Today I just have two simple items. I've met several Bobcat and skid steer owners in my area that say they run their machines at full throttle. Maybe to protect the pump-I don't know. I have almost 1900 hours on my pump and a little over 300 hours on the rebuilt Kubota I installed myself. Is this a thing I should do? I run the machine between 2350-and 2400 RPM. So far so good, but I'd really hate to have to replace a pump!

The second thing is I recently put Tracks Plus steel over pneumatic tires on the machine. That has made the machine into a totally different animal by distributing the ground pressure more evenly. But they squeaked like crazy. Any tips on oiling or the right oil/lubricant to use on the bushing/bolts would be appreciated.

Once again, thanks for the help.

reaperman

Im not sure on the protocol of running wide open, I seldom do, for me maybe 2/3's. But when I get into heavier work I run close to wide open or using an attachment. For the steel tracks, yea they squeak but adding oil would give dirt something to stick to and cause wear.