Fuel System Issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

fred pratt

I have a 2016 T650 which I have not had long but have an issue with the fuel system, initially it lost the prime and stalled, so I thought there was a blockage in the fuel pick up or the tube fell off. I used an external fuel source and got it primed and running, then hooked the fuel tank back up and the machine seemed to run fine for about 30 minutes, when I smelled diesel fuel and the machine stalled. I then went to the back and opened the door to the engine compartment and saw that there was fuel dripping down from the top of the engine on both sides, and the entire top of the motor had fuel on it. The fule had not gotten anywhere else only on the engine. Has anyone else encountered this or something similar, or any suggestions?

foton

I would guess that the leak is on the pressure side of the fuel system and is spraying from pump pressure be it lift or injector, and that the suction side is ok. clean it off start it and keep a eye out to find it, maybe wear safty glasses just in case it is a real sprayer.