Fuel supply problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dimambro22

Ok I have a l785 everything was running fine I till 2 weeks ago I ran the machine all day on a Saturday and put it up for a week. As of last week I got to start it runs for 30 seconds then quits and won't start back up. I have check everything fuel, priming the injector pump, changing the filters, just can't get it to run. So I tried and pressurized the fuel tank with the supply hose taken off the filter and all it does is dribble out. I think the pickup tube is plug. This sound about right? And how does that sucker come out? Thanks Chris

Mike10

I would remove the fuel tank cap and blow back through the pickup tube. I don't like to remove that pipe because you may not get it sealed again.

OP
OP
D

Dimambro22

I would remove the fuel tank cap and blow back through the pickup tube. I don't like to remove that pipe because you may not get it sealed again.
I tried that, how much pressure can I put through that hose? Is there a filter in the tank? That is originally how I cleared up enough for it to dribble out. Thanks Chris

OP
OP
D

Dimambro22

No filter, just an open pipe.
If I pressurize the fuel tank how much fuel should come out I put about 20 psi and just a little stream is all I get. I sealed the cap opening real good with a plastic bag and some rags. Could the return be plugged and stoping the flow also? Thanks Chris

Mike10

If I pressurize the fuel tank how much fuel should come out I put about 20 psi and just a little stream is all I get. I sealed the cap opening real good with a plastic bag and some rags. Could the return be plugged and stoping the flow also? Thanks Chris
Do you have the Perkings or the Ford engine?

OP
OP
D

Dimambro22

Perkins. Where is the edit button?
It is a ford but got it started tonight....I thought screw it turned up the compressor and blew back into the tank the reconnected the hoses and pressurized the tank again. Got out the starting fluid, two quick squirts cranked it, then another two and she started. Thanks for the help

Latest posts