Fuel pressure sensor?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Skidmarx326

Hey all, I am rather new to heavy equipment operating. I do well mechanically speaking, but am certainly no expert. I had purchased a 2014 S650 back in April of this year due to the serious need of some landscaping at home. I am looking into using this machine as an investment to do work for others as I am in the construction industry, once I am done at home. To get back to it, I was in the process of removing snow from my 710' long driveway and the machine's RPMs kept rising and falling. I got an error code reading E001076-16. By doing some research, it looks to me that the fuel rail pressure sensor has gone bad... I guess my question to anybody out there would be, has anybody else run into this problem? Is it a common problem? I am just trying to keep this machine up and running, and take excellent care of it. I would certainly appreciate any help or advice that anybody could give me. THANKS!

bobcatguy

I'm assuming you have the Bobcat/Doosan engine. Just had the same thing happen. Change your fuel filter and put some anti gel in the fuel. Solved my problem. Also call your local dealer to see if your machine has had the fuel bypass modification for cold weather completed.

OP
OP
S

Skidmarx326

I'm assuming you have the Bobcat/Doosan engine. Just had the same thing happen. Change your fuel filter and put some anti gel in the fuel. Solved my problem. Also call your local dealer to see if your machine has had the fuel bypass modification for cold weather completed.
Thanks much for the input bobcatguy! I will try all of the above and let you know the results.

bobcatguy

Thanks much for the input bobcatguy! I will try all of the above and let you know the results.
These new machines seem to really be fuel pressure dependent. Any restriction in the fuel filter seems to have a drastic effect on the way the engine runs. When your machine was fluctuating, were you driving while moving the boom up/down or dumping/curling the bucket? Mine acted up the most when I was making the machine do more than one hydraulic function at a time putting additional load on the engine.

7LBSSMALLIE

These new machines seem to really be fuel pressure dependent. Any restriction in the fuel filter seems to have a drastic effect on the way the engine runs. When your machine was fluctuating, were you driving while moving the boom up/down or dumping/curling the bucket? Mine acted up the most when I was making the machine do more than one hydraulic function at a time putting additional load on the engine.
my current theory on this is( caused by dirty fuel) each one of orrifes in fuel rail a differbnt size. big to small , inlet to outlet. anyway current theory is disconnect fuel rail pressure sensor(that shold throw full pump output 26 to 35 thousand at it clearing debris. crank till wants to statrt 30 seconcdends . plug it back up,. see iff she is fixed if it works theory proved (I think) anyway need feedback.. did it work or not?

OP
OP
S

Skidmarx326

my current theory on this is( caused by dirty fuel) each one of orrifes in fuel rail a differbnt size. big to small , inlet to outlet. anyway current theory is disconnect fuel rail pressure sensor(that shold throw full pump output 26 to 35 thousand at it clearing debris. crank till wants to statrt 30 seconcdends . plug it back up,. see iff she is fixed if it works theory proved (I think) anyway need feedback.. did it work or not?
I haven't had time tonight, but tomorrow night i will be changing the fuel filter out and throwing some anti gel in as bobcatguy had suggested. I will also try to pull the fuel rail pressure sensor to and see what it does. My machine was doing this just sitting idle not running any hydraulics whatsoever... Is it possible the sensor is just bad as well?

OP
OP
S

Skidmarx326

I haven't had time tonight, but tomorrow night i will be changing the fuel filter out and throwing some anti gel in as bobcatguy had suggested. I will also try to pull the fuel rail pressure sensor to and see what it does. My machine was doing this just sitting idle not running any hydraulics whatsoever... Is it possible the sensor is just bad as well?
So I changed the fuel filter out, threw a bottle of anti gel in, and filled the diesel up to the neck and it ran great after that! thanks everybody for the advice and input. I didn't actually need to pull the fuel rail pressure sensor off at all. I also brought the skid into the garage and put it under some heat. I know that this can cause condensation in a tank but I literally topped it off.

bobcatguy

So I changed the fuel filter out, threw a bottle of anti gel in, and filled the diesel up to the neck and it ran great after that! thanks everybody for the advice and input. I didn't actually need to pull the fuel rail pressure sensor off at all. I also brought the skid into the garage and put it under some heat. I know that this can cause condensation in a tank but I literally topped it off.
Make sure you run the machine for a while to get the anti gel mixed into the fuel well. Sounds like you're good to go tho! Crazy how a fuel filter on these newer engines can cause such grief.

drccaldey

This happened to me and it turned out my fuel bulb was being compressed by the foam on the back door. I repositioned it and it seems to have taken care of it.

palfaro48

Hey bud I have the same problem I empty out the tank disconnected the lines and blew them out replaced the water separator I put everything back and then it ran like it was new first turn of key boom on them I filled up the diesel tank half way when first turn it on I used a 5 gallon can so I knew it was clean diesel no water that code btw is for water detected in your lines I'm no expert either I'm an iron worker by trade doing the same as you mention so back to it I ran I then connected everything back made sure it was clean no dirt ect ect tafter putting everything back turned it on and everything is good right filled up the tank half way and everything still good this is about 10-15 min of running then decided to take it for a drive by 200 yards away from the house rPMs started going up and down then instead of getting the codes again the same one that said that it was water in the lines that 10 76–16 also that M0909, which is low fuel and also the 309 I think it is which is low battery. I haven't got far enough on your post. I don't know if you were able to fix the problem, I was just getting started with it.

palfaro48

Try also blowing the sensor with air that helped me out cause it knocked water off the plug the one below the water separator