fuel intake line

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bahmi

How important is the fuel filter and foot valve on the fuel intake tube? Can you get by without the assembly? Obviously, the filter is a good idea, but how about the foot valve? thanks

OldMachinist

The foot valve(check valve) doesn't allow the fuel to drain out of the line so the line stays primed. Without it you may have to prime it everytime before starting.

Fishfiles

The foot valve(check valve) doesn't allow the fuel to drain out of the line so the line stays primed. Without it you may have to prime it everytime before starting.
You don't need the screen check on the end of the pickup tube , I have been installing the hard tube with out the screen/check as per my local Bobcat dealer recomendation for a very long time , I'd say 15 years and have never had a problem yet , true that some fuel in the hose may leak back to the tank when the motor is killed , but the filter stays primed , the motor starts up and starts sucking fuel from the tank and there is no interuption of the prime --------the screen is a bad deal any way , it has a tendency to clog up and on some models getting the pickup out the tank ain't no easy chore

Tazza

Staff member
You don't need the screen check on the end of the pickup tube , I have been installing the hard tube with out the screen/check as per my local Bobcat dealer recomendation for a very long time , I'd say 15 years and have never had a problem yet , true that some fuel in the hose may leak back to the tank when the motor is killed , but the filter stays primed , the motor starts up and starts sucking fuel from the tank and there is no interuption of the prime --------the screen is a bad deal any way , it has a tendency to clog up and on some models getting the pickup out the tank ain't no easy chore
As long as your pickup and return lines are below the fuel line and you have no leaks, you won't loose your prime. If you have loose fittings i see that you may. I have never had a problem when i replaced the pickup tibe and didn't use the one way valve at the end with the screen. Getting prime with the hand primer i found was a little harder but it still did work, i think the one way valve in it was a little stiff.