Front wheels come off the ground on 763

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Johnboy

When I park the 763 at night in the morning the front wheels will be off the ground about 3 inches. Don't know if this is related but when I try to raise the arms they will go down a few inches before raising up. Thanks for any help!!!!

brdgbldr

I know someone on here recently was asking this same question about the front wheels after parking over night, I just can't seem to find the post. You may have more luck or patients then me.

If your machine has manual controls, try moving the controls after the machine is off. This should allow all residual pressure in the system to be relieved. This trick also works for changing out the auxiliary hoses when changing attachments.

As for the arms lowering before raising, that sounds like a valve seal being bad.

mrbb

just going to add this as its something simple you can try
remove your bucket, and see if it does the same thing

I know on some older skid steers, if you don;t have a correct bucket(no there NOT all the same)
but I have sen where if the bucket was say places on a small pile of dirt, and shut off a while, the system would bleed down, and raise the front wheels off the ground
due to the bunch not being able to return fully down
( same is if if you had a bucket that doesnl;t allow full down),
the weight of the lift arms will be enough to raise the front wheels

so, if you remove buck, and park, does it STILL lift the front wheels!???
easy enough to try and will help eliminate something!

Chipperhead

When I park the 763 at night in the morning the front wheels will be off the ground about 3 inches. Don't know if this is related but when I try to raise the arms they will go down a few inches before raising up. Thanks for any help!!!!
My old 743 does the same thing. I figured it's just a matter of physics and age.
The machine is "back" heavy. Old valves and seals are naturally leaky. Pressures will seek normality. And gain it.
I once parked it on a hill. Came back a few weeks later. Front wheels were so high it was sitting on the back door. Battery was dead. LoL. I had to put a come-a-long between the bucket and rops and slowly bring it back to a serviceable position.
Nothing damages but my pride.

tech.35058

"(try to raise the arms, they go down a little before going up)"
I know nothing about the front wheel rising issue, but what I know about hydraulics, the initial drop of the lift arms indicates leakage past the "load check" valves in the valve body. My LX865 does this also. I guess should repair it while (if!) I can still get the parts.

spitzair

I know someone on here recently was asking this same question about the front wheels after parking over night, I just can't seem to find the post. You may have more luck or patients then me.

If your machine has manual controls, try moving the controls after the machine is off. This should allow all residual pressure in the system to be relieved. This trick also works for changing out the auxiliary hoses when changing attachments.

As for the arms lowering before raising, that sounds like a valve seal being bad.
I think this is the thread you're talking about...